Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2011, 07:04 PM

1 posts, read 1,585 times

Advertisements

Hi!

I'm a 26 year old female considering moving to Boston from the Springfield, MA area for law school. I would be working full time (some law firm or bank - I don't know where yet) and I would be attending Suffolk Univ (120 Tremont) in the evenings.

That said, what are some suburbs that are affordable and convenient to the Suffolk Univ area? I would say my max budget is $900 a month and I'd like to live alone in a 1BR apartment, condo, etc. if at all possible.

I am not opposed to living ~30 minutes (withstanding delays) from downtown. Obviously, I would like to live in a safe area but I also have my firearm license and a firearm for personal protection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 06:03 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,398,644 times
For $900? Maybe Brighton. But that's pretty low even considering a 30 min radius. Also be warned if you live any where near Boston expect to have your LTC busted down to Target and Hunting. Use this map to make decisions. Once you loose a unrestricted class A it's VERY hard to get back. The constitution means nothing is this part of the state!

MA Gun Rights by City and Town - Northeastshooters.com
http://keiiken.net/images/macitytowngun.png

Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 PM

244 posts, read 641,568 times
I think the North Shore is most convenient for a Suffolk commute. Maybe off the blue line, like Revere, Beachmont, Lynn or Salem. Orange line is also possible: Malden/Melrose

Your $900 allotment wouldn't allow you to live in the city on your own.

The majority of people in Boston do not have a firearms license. It's certainly not TX or SC.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:21 AM

420 posts, read 1,363,691 times
1 bedrooms for 900 arent easy to come by.

I went to suffolk undergrad, live in allston, brookline, and the north end. never paid more then 800, but always had roommates.

I think its a good option... check with Suffolk's housing department, they may be able to set you up with some law school clasemate roommates

Old 10-20-2011, 04:02 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,398,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer71 View Post
The majority of people in Boston do not have a firearms license. It's certainly not TX or SC.
People who aren't gun owners would be VERY surprised to learn how many people DO carry in the Boston area, but the permitting process around Boston isn't worth the hassle. MA (minus getting the permit itself) has more places you can legally carry than TX! YES! SC also has many carry restrictions that MA does not. Much easier to move to a burb get the permit there. There are almost as many legal guns on people in Boston as many other places, it's just a big secret in MA to keep the anti's away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston