Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 04:51 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,491,051 times

Advertisements

I have plenty of photos on my recent visit to Boston, June 2018. Got lots more to post. I've included it in my photo thread about Vegas. Too lazy to create another thread. Excuse my lousy broken camera. Start on the last page and go backwards.

Off The Vegas Strip
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2018, 08:35 AM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
I have plenty of photos on my recent visit to Boston, June 2018. Got lots more to post. I've included it in my photo thread about Vegas. Too lazy to create another thread. Excuse my lousy broken camera. Start on the last page and go backwards.

Off The Vegas Strip
Some great photos! I will say, the ones you labeled as “on the river” are actually on the harbor, where the river flows into it. Definitely on the harbor side of the locks.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
Some great photos! I will say, the ones you labeled as “on the river” are actually on the harbor, where the river flows into it. Definitely on the harbor side of the locks.
Oh ok, noted but still beautiful. Love the city and definitely Plymouth. Like the feel of that town. Heard so much about Provincetown but when I got there, I was not feeling it. It felt ghettoish to me.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:02 PM

2,190 posts, read 2,233,403 times
Quote:
Oh ok, noted but still beautiful. Love the city and definitely Plymouth. Like the feel of that town. Heard so much about Provincetown but when I got there, I was not feeling it. It felt ghettoish to me.
Province-town ghettoish? That's the first time I've ever heard that. Although I guess it is sort of an LGBT "hood".

Old 08-01-2018, 01:47 PM

17,737 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
Heard so much about Provincetown but when I got there, I was not feeling it. It felt ghettoish to me.
I haven't been to P-town since I was a kid. It definitely wasn't ghettoish then. What about it felt ghettoish?

Old 08-01-2018, 02:21 PM

2,725 posts, read 6,113,588 times
I'd love to be able to afford to spend my summers in the ghetto.

Old 08-01-2018, 03:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post

Seriously. I can't afford it except off season. Way too nice a ghetto for me.

Old 08-03-2018, 12:41 PM

12,867 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Seriously. I can't afford it except off season. Way too nice a ghetto for me.
I wonder if he/she was confusing Plymouth for P-Town? I, personally, would never call either Plymouth or P-Town "ghetto" (or anything close to that), but visible pockets of North Plymouth have a reputation for being not quite as desirable (drugs, lower income, etc.). Again, not at all what I think most of us would call "ghetto," but not the most appealing spot either. I can't think of anything in P-Town that would come close to looking or feeling "ghetto." The town part is one of the most picturesque villages in New England. Outside of the built environment, it's all harbor, ocean, pine barren forest, and pristine beaches. So no, it is in no way, shape, or form, "ghetto."

Old 08-03-2018, 04:24 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Maybe, but I like Plymouth too; that said, I don't know if I've seen what is called North Plymouth.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
It is not so much about being able to afford living there, just the setup of it all. No sidewalks, people walk on the street, one business after another and yes it felt ghettoish to me. Reminds me of those touristy areas in Asia where zoning is ignored. I'm not impressed! I love Boston, Plymouth, Hingham......even South Boston and Dorchester.

Love the small town feel of Plymouth, beautiful town. I've uploaded more photos on my thread. Have a look, the link is on my post above. Oh and I spent $50 for lunch sitting on a sidewalk on a wooden bench, definitely overpriced Provincetown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston