Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 09:39 PM

19 posts, read 31,651 times

Advertisements

So I am moving to Worcester, MA. I will be driving up to Boston a lot. I was wondering, what Boston T-stops are good to park at?

I know for example, the Alewife Station on the red line has a huge parking garage for $7/day. But I think from Worcester I have to drive through Boston to get to that station to park there and than take the T into other areas (I could be wrong on this!).

I am looking at the T-map and unsure which station has something similar to the Alewife Station (i.e a parking garage) that is closer to Worcester.

So I figure I would post on here to see if any locals can guide me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 12:25 AM

4,630 posts, read 10,475,582 times
Well the closest T stop to Worcester is in well Worcester. Union Station. Really nice old train station, way under utilized. That's the commuter rail. It's pretty pokey to be honest and sometimes the Commuter rail trains have this nasty stink from their brakes.

The actual nearest subway line is the Green Line station at Riverside - the last stop on the D line. It's pretty much right at the intersection of 90 and 128. Might fill up, not sure. That Green line is definitely pokey.

The Alewife station is probably not convenient to Worcester. I do think that one frequently fills up anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennywaltz View Post
So I am moving to Worcester, MA. I will be driving up to Boston a lot. I was wondering, what Boston T-stops are good to park at?

I know for example, the Alewife Station on the red line has a huge parking garage for $7/day. But I think from Worcester I have to drive through Boston to get to that station to park there and than take the T into other areas (I could be wrong on this!).

I am looking at the T-map and unsure which station has something similar to the Alewife Station (i.e a parking garage) that is closer to Worcester.

So I figure I would post on here to see if any locals can guide me

Old 03-07-2012, 01:51 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,914,110 times
Agree with XSBE that you might want to consider taking the commuter rail from Worcester. If you'd prefer to drive closer to Boston and take the T, your best bet would probably be to follow XSBE's suggestion and take the green line from Riverside. The green line's a little slow, but you'll make up for that by not having to drive as far as you would to other outer stops, and not having to drive through the city.

I've never known Riverside's parking to be filled up, though I don't use that line regularly, so take that info with a grain of salt. From hearsay I gather that many people like to use the next stop on the green line, Woodland, so that might be an option if you ever did find Riverside's parking to be full.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston