Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2012, 09:04 AM

1,432 posts, read 3,843,118 times

Advertisements

I've recently moved to Boston and hope someone can point me in the right direction...

In Nashville we had this awesome indoor farmer's market, open year round, with stalls for local butchers, produce, seafood, bulk grains, bakers, cheese, etc. I've also been to larger markets like this in many other cities like Pike Place in Seattle and Jean-Talon in Montreal.

Does Boston have something like this? Some people told me Faneuil Hall but it was all eateries. I had also been told about Haymarket but they said it was mostly or only produce.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 09:06 AM

3,865 posts, read 5,289,162 times
It is actually supposed to open this Summer if the project stays on schedule. Definitely something we needed here for a while:

» About Us Boston Public Market Association

In the interim check out the local farmers markets, Boston has the most Farmers Markets per capita in all of North America, but I agree it is nice to have everything under one roof!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
It is actually supposed to open this Summer if the project stays on schedule. Definitely something we needed here for a while:

» About Us Boston Public Market Association

In the interim check out the local farmers markets, Boston has the most Farmers Markets per capita in all of North America, but I agree it is nice to have everything under one roof!
That's great news!

I've tried looking for farmers markets but it seems most are seasonal. I have to admit that I've been a bit disappointed by the grocery options here compared to Nashville so I'm looking forward to spring and the local markets.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:34 AM

3,865 posts, read 5,289,162 times
Due to the shorter growing season the Boston area markets are not as impressive in the winter compared with Spring and Summer. So you will see a drastic improvement.

In the winter though have you checked out the Cambridge and Somerville Winter markets? I went to the Cambridge location a few times this winter and have found it to be quite good.

cambridgewinterfarmersmarket.weebly.com/

Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
Due to the shorter growing season the Boston area markets are not as impressive in the winter compared with Spring and Summer. So you will see a drastic improvement.

In the winter though have you checked out the Cambridge and Somerville Winter markets? I went to the Cambridge location a few times this winter and have found it to be quite good.

cambridgewinterfarmersmarket.weebly.com/
No but I will check it out soon. I've been ordering from Boston Organics, and that's a great service.

Old 03-01-2012, 05:32 PM

1,069 posts, read 1,254,410 times
Check out Russos in Watertown if you have a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston