Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 4,428 times

Advertisements

There is going to be judgement day even for those pointing fingers. Just remember you have three pointing back at you. That is what is wrong with America we are so judgemental about everything but the real things is have you opened your closet lately think about it be for you talk about it.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:55 AM

34 posts, read 117,395 times
Default Nice

Its nice to see that there are people who have posted to this thread that has a human heart.

Not all holders are dirty apartment distroyers. Landlords need to screen carefully. I have been noticing that landlords apartments stay empty for months at a time because they are discriminating against a program that guarantees them rental payments every month. While they are refusing section 8 tenants they are putting themselves in a financial hole waiting for the "right" tenants who very well may turn out to be the wrong tenant and not able to pay the rent on time and lagging behind whereas the section 8 tenant's rent is paid on time every month and there is no fear of your mortgage falling behind.

Old 06-11-2009, 06:00 PM

10 posts, read 54,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcal View Post
Me and my kids deserve a decent apartment just like everyone else.
You seem like a really nice person, but I just can't understand this. This thread was about section 8s in higher end apartments. Why do you deserve to live in these apartments when you didn't earn it? The usual people living in these places worked hard, went to school, worked their way up in their careers, and waited to have kids. Why do you feel that you are entitled live in a high end apartment when you didn't do these things?

I know this thread is ancient and you won't respond, but I just think this is a ridiculous way of looking at the world.

Old 07-10-2009, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 3,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Dove View Post
Lead is not a good substance to have around, even for adults. Especially, those who are already weak with chronic illnesses. No one should be renting a dwelling without having it de-leaded. The section-8 program is a great program. But both landlord and tenant must want to make it work. Landlords should learn to look at section-8 tenants on a case by case basis. Many worthy but disabled folks are receiving section-8 support. Some temporarily. If each party respects the other and behaves honorably, there is no reason why we cannot have a successful section-8 program.
Originally Posted by eevee [URL="//www.city-data.com/forum/boston/152630-section-8-a-post3571893.html#post3571893"]//pics3.city-data.com/forum/ima...s/viewpost.gif[/URL]
this is getting tiresome. this is how frivolous lawsuits are started in this country.

[URL="//www.city-data.com/forum/renting/219692-finding-right-apartment-section-8-voucher.html"]Finding the right apartment with section 8 voucher[/URL]

I trust the knowledgable folks over in the Renting forum more than I trust a sue happy screaming zealot here

quote: "It is also not illegal "discrimination" to not accept Section 8 vouchers. It is "discrimination," but it's not illegal. I practiced it all the time with any rental I had over the years. I never accepted Section 8 for a variety of reasons, foremost of which was that the rental rate exceeded the standards to qualify for the HUD program."

another: "Owners do NOT have to participate in the Section 8 program. It is their decision. There is so much garbage and paperwork involved, it's not worth it. Not to mention the annual inspections and if you fail over some silly a## item, you go in abatement and you'll never be able to collect.

Been there, done that. Never again."

WRONG!!! IT IS ILLEGAL! A LANDLORD CANNOT TURN YOU AWAY FROM AN APARTMENT BECAUSE YOU HOLD A SECTION 8 VOUCHER>>>IT IS BOYH ILLEGAL AND DICRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 07:54 PM

34 posts, read 117,395 times
A landlord or rental agent may not refuse to show or rent any apartment to you because of your race, color, religion, sex, age, ancestry, disability (mental or physical), marital status, or because you receive welfare, are a veteran, or are in the armed forces. Discrimination against families with children is also illegal. NOTE: Landlords in 2 family owner occupied buildings are exempt from most of these laws. Many landlords believe that if the apartment has lead paint they can refuse to rent to families with children under the age of six. This is not so. The landlord must remove the lead paint. If you feel that you have been discriminated against, you should file a complaint with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination as soon as possible. If the apartment is still available, MCAD may be able to help you get in. It is also illegal for a landlord to refuse to accept Section 8 or MRVP tenants. MGL ch.151B; MGL CH.111 sec.197.

Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 PM

2 posts, read 9,618 times
canton by no means is in the same class as wellsely and newton.while it is nice...its more of an upper scale stoughton/randolph or a lower scale milton

Old 12-04-2009, 09:38 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,943,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
When I used to rent, I always asked if they accepted section 8, if they did, I would look elsewhere, my experiences and those I know, learned the hard way...don't let that happen to you.
Exactly. I'd avoid Section 8 if at all possible.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:59 PM

250 posts, read 562,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowGoesIt View Post
So you have Section 8 vouchers AND internet access? Do you have digital cable as well?
You kidding right?

Old 12-05-2009, 01:37 PM

294 posts, read 1,107,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jed1982 View Post
You seem like a really nice person, but I just can't understand this. This thread was about section 8s in higher end apartments. Why do you deserve to live in these apartments when you didn't earn it? The usual people living in these places worked hard, went to school, worked their way up in their careers, and waited to have kids. Why do you feel that you are entitled live in a high end apartment when you didn't do these things?

I know this thread is ancient and you won't respond, but I just think this is a ridiculous way of looking at the world.

Really? How can you say "the usual person"- do you know each and every one of them? What about those who lied, cheated, or slept their way to the top? Just because you can afford to live in a nice place does not make you a decent person in any way. Do they deserve it more than a honest hardworking parent? Because she is IN SCHOOL trying to build herself a career her kids should live in the projects? Maybe I can understand your point a bit, because there is a lot of scum living on section 8. But this person is clearly not one of those people. Also, where is the part about sec. 8 in higher end apts.? I may have missed that. I didn't see her saying anything about that. Also, most higher end apts don't accomodate section 8, as the rent would be higher than what sec. 8 would pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston