Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 08:06 AM

9 posts, read 42,334 times

Advertisements

I live and work in Boston, but my girlfriend is in RI, my home state. I generally go back to RI on the weekends because it is so expensive for her to come up here. She drives her car to Providence on Friday and parks in the garage there til Sunday for about $36. Then either takes MBTA ($16) or Amtrack ($28). So just to park and get here it's $50-$60. Alternativily she could drive to Boston, but the garages here are at least $75 for a weekend.

Does anyone have any better suggestions? I was thinking there may be cheap overnight parking by one of the T lines where she could drive there and park and take the T into Boston, but I'm not really familiar with that. Any help would be appreciated! The car would be parked Friday late afternoon-Sunday afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 09:44 AM

1,708 posts, read 2,909,666 times
The Renaissance Parking Garage at Northeastern used to have $5/night parking on the weekends. I can't find any links that say it, but perhaps you could call?

Also, I am not sure where you are in the city, but when you walk around, look for white signs with green lettering that say 2 hour parking. If you look closely some say Monday-Friday 8am-5pm meaning.. dun dun dun.. free parking from 4pm on Friday to 10am on Monday (assuming no street cleaning).

When I lived in Allston, they were all over the place. But in other areas like Mission Hill, they were hard to find and the ones that were there were always filled.

If you get your girlfriend to come of the Renaissance Garage at Northeastern, have her look for parking on Columbus Ave, I believe both sides of the street are the 2 hour parking I explained above. It used to be 100% free but a lot of commuters were taking the spots during the day. But for the weekend it should not be a problem.

Free parking is out there, you just need to look and not panic and drive into the 1st lot you see. Hell, I bet even if you just drove in and parked at a meter and didn't pay it you would not get $60 worth of tickets. due to the fact Sundays are free.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:05 PM

7 posts, read 20,091 times
Default Cheap Weekend Parking

The Patriot Parking Garage on Haviland Street in the Fenway, charges $10 after 5PM and all day Saturday and Sunday. Patriot Parking - Boston

The only catch is, they raise the price to $30 when the Red Sox are in town. So this might work for you some of the time.

Old 06-19-2012, 10:31 AM

44 posts, read 77,817 times
Parking is free on the street in Watertown in the summer months!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston