Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2012, 09:19 AM

160 posts, read 506,256 times

Advertisements

It's time to replace my mattress. My last mattress is from IKEA & inspite of the 20-yr (limited) warranty its started to sag after 4yrs. So, I've started on my hunt for the 'perfect' mattress.

Let me layout what I'm looking for. I've back pain issues so I need a firm or more-than-firm mattress. I've collected flyers with information about 'memorial day' blowout mattresses sale for a week or so now but since I haven't shopped anywhere other than ikea for a mattresses, I would like to know your opinion on which stores give you the most bang for the buck and also what type of mattresses I should consider given my requirements.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2012, 12:12 PM

925 posts, read 2,742,677 times
I have lots of back issues and thought I needed a firmer mattress too. My parents got a Sterns & Foster at their Cape house and I LOVE it. LOVE. It's really comfortable, without being squishy. I don't know where they sell them but I'm sure you can find places by doing a search online.

Old 05-26-2012, 01:33 PM

8,545 posts, read 14,022,910 times
My experience with buying a mattress is that you go into these places like Sleepy's, Mattress Giant, etc and there is an expectation that you will haggle. They're always having some huge sale that makes it look like you're getting a deal, but if you haggle a little you'd get the same price any other day of the week.

Personally, the last time I needed a mattress I went to Jordan's Furniture. They don't haggle but their prices are typically far lower than mattress stores anyway. Also, they're usually running a "no interest for X months" financing promotion which is nice. I like a firm mattress too and I think bought a Simmons Beautyrest mattress. I want to say it was the "black" series.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston