Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 PM

18 posts, read 59,475 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have an interview at Pearson Education in Boston next Monday afternoon. I'll be driving in from Vermont. It's located at 75 Arlington Street. The Stuart Street parking garage site says it's just 1.5 blocks from Pearson. Is this a good garage? Any other options you could think of? All help is appreciated. Thanks!

Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2012, 04:26 AM

546 posts, read 1,376,278 times
Welcome to Boston for the day. I would go for that garage as that does sound very close. If you are around during the day, I believe that this will work for you regardless of the cost. I looked that up, and that looks to be very close. Cool place to walk around for a quick touristy visit.

On another note, I am in Vermont once or twice a month for work and have a working knowledge of your state. Very beautiful and NO TRAFFIC lol.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:58 AM

387 posts, read 915,936 times
The Stuart Street garage should work fine for you. As a backup, make sure you also have directions to the Boston Common Garage on Charles Street. It's enormous, so you're guaranteed a space there. Just be aware that it's easy to get disoriented coming out because the exit is in the middle of the Common.

Shoot to be as early as you can. Parking can take some time, even if you're just winding your way up several stories in a garage. Pearson has a convenience store, places to eat, places to sit, etc., inside the building, so you can hang out there until your appointment. However, you won't have access to a bathroom until you check in with a Pearson employee. If you're very early and want to freshen up, you can use the restrooms at the Park Plaza Hotel across the street.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM

Thank you both very much for your input. I'll make sure to get directions for both garages. I'll also have the GPS handy. I have a great sense of direction but Boston has always been my biggest challenge. I plan to allow myself an extra couple of hours for parking, relaxing and doing some extra preparation for the interview. The tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Old 07-03-2012, 12:01 PM

Just wanted to update that the 200 Stuart garage worked out great, got a spot on the 2nd level. It was convenient to I-93 and traffic wasn't even bad (probably because of the holiday). Now just keeping my fingers crossed. I think the interview went pretty well.

Thanks for the help!

Old 07-03-2012, 07:40 PM

387 posts, read 915,936 times
That's great! Good luck with the job.

Old 07-04-2012, 06:40 PM

546 posts, read 1,376,278 times
Agreed with "Good luck with the job"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston