Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2012, 10:12 AM

3 posts, read 3,464 times

Advertisements

We are moving to the Boston area from the West Coast for my husband's work. He will be in and around Lincoln/Lexington, so we are open to living in the suburbs or to commuting to Lincoln and living in Boston. We are seeking to find a school district that has an excellent and inclusive special needs program. Our 5 year old had a brain injury when he was a toddler (he fell out a window) and now, despite having some areas in which he seems fairly mainstream, he has numerous special needs. He is mobile, good-natured, and generally well, but he will likely have learning difficulties that are substantial. For years, he has seen a PT, OT and speech professional on a weekly basis. Anyway, all of that is to say that we are trying to find a place where he will thrive. Can anyone recommend a school district (or even specific schools and teachers) that would be a good fit for our little guy? We also would greatly appreciate the names of any excellent speech paths, OT or PT professionals or other professionals with specialties in TBI. He is a delightful boy and we want to help make this transition a really good one for him. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 07:51 PM

925 posts, read 2,742,964 times
Have you touched base with the Lincoln public schools? Lincoln is a lovely, civic-minded community with very highly regarded schools. This physical therapist may be a good person to start with: Cloutier, Lisa (Phys. Therapy) / Overview

If you don't find what you need there please feel free to private message me. My cousin works for a state agency that gets similar queries & I'd be glad to check in with her for advice.

Old 11-20-2012, 02:50 PM

546 posts, read 1,377,285 times
CTDS: Program Overview

The above link takes you to Community Therapy Day school. That is a great place for special needs. You can visit and check them out.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:20 PM

546 posts, read 1,377,285 times
PS, I have a history with CTDS as my ex worked there for many years and I had the pleasure of visiting many times and seeing the great work those folks did. That school was alway open to visitors to show thier great work. Also met several of the parents who continue to rave about it.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:36 PM

13 posts, read 35,735 times
We moved to Lexington this past summer from DC and have a child in 1st grade with similar challenges, it sounds, as your child. Our son is in the LPS with lots of services and therapies. I would be very happy to chat with you offlist. We also looked at Lincoln schools as well. Feel free to message me if you want.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:37 PM

3 posts, read 3,464 times
Thank you so much to all of you for writing! It is encouraging to hear from you and I do hope to be in touch with those of you who offered "off-list" as soon as I am able. Best wishes and much gratitude to you all. ...oh, on one more note, how are the programs in Acton?

Thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston