U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2013, 12:51 AM

154 posts, read 406,781 times

Advertisements

I was sitting down eating with a group of friends and two of them had lived in Boston. One woman said she saw so many Asian girls with White men and White women with Black men. The man said he did see Asian women with White men but not that many White women with Black men couples. The two got into some sort of an argument over it.

So I will just ask this, what are common interracial couples in Boston?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,466,254 times
Everyone may have different commentary based on what they are exposed to. I live near Beacon Hill, work in the Financial District, and spent most my time in the downtown neighborhoods. I would say Asian women with White men is the most common interracial couple that I see; that being said I wouldn't say it's as common as in other major cities. I don't see White women with Black men very often. It could be a different story, however, in other parts of the metro. For instance, I do see more interracial couples of different sorts whenever I'm across the river in Cambridge.

Last edited by johnathanc; 01-04-2013 at 02:34 PM..

Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM

613 posts, read 1,015,353 times
Although I dont live there any more you'll see more asian women with white men than ww/bm. I might take some heat for this but Boston is still pretty racists towards blacks not the in your face type racism but more kinda off hand type stuff IMO

Old 01-04-2013, 02:38 PM

154 posts, read 406,781 times
how about white women with asian and brown (middle eastern, brown latino, etc.) men?

I heard it is common near college campuses and especially at Harvard and MIT

Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 PM
miu

17,680 posts, read 38,541,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
Although I dont live there any more you'll see more asian women with white men than ww/bm. I might take some heat for this but Boston is still pretty racists towards blacks not the in your face type racism but more kinda off hand type stuff IMO
Are you saying that Asian women are racist against black men?

Old 01-04-2013, 03:26 PM

613 posts, read 1,015,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Are you saying that Asian women are racist against black men?
I dont know I havent hung around alot of asian women to give you a answer. Im a white male and in my experience living there you didnt see alot of white women with black men. Just threw in my 2 cents to the ops question
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston