Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2007, 12:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,444 times

Advertisements

Hi -

I need to live in the Boston area for about 4-6 months initially (the time period may extend), starting December. I would like to be close to airports for weekend travel.
I have to be in the downtown financial area during weekdays.

I'm a mature single female, and this is what I am now considering -

Finding shared accommodation for the duration of the stay since I don't want to get tied down to a lease. I don't need much more than a room, bathroom and a fridge (I don't need to cook).

I would rather save on accommodation and use the saved money for flights and travel.

I will be forced to use public transport to travel to the downtown area (parking is too expensive).

I have travelled to Boston before and I'm familiar with the T. I wouldn't mind living close to the T lines or a commuter trainline.

I would love suggestions as to areas that would be suitable and convenient for accommodation. I won't have much time to view the areas because I will busy during the day.

I have even thought of going out to Providence RI and commuting to downtown Boston.

I am open to suggestions and ideas. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 04:38 PM

104 posts, read 490,070 times
Default Good Idea

I am sure that there are many people who would want a roomate who is gone on the weekends - so you want Cheap - maybe Quincy, North end, south end or brighton/Allston might be good places for you. I used to have a friend who got a roomate in the north end and it was pretty cheap - and you could walk to work and then hop the blue line to the airport on Friday
Good luck!

Last edited by beachlady58; 10-20-2007 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston