Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 01:36 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,801,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow127 View Post
Hi Everyone - my husband and I just moved here 2 weeks ago (job relocation). We love it so far.

So after a storm like this, how long does it take for the city to be up and running again - i.e. when should the T start up again? Will stores, restaurants and bars be open later today?

I am already going stir crazy from being stuck inside (and out of wine).

Thanks.
This in't a typical storm. We don't usually get 2 plus feet dumped at one time. It will take a little bit of time to get all the street fully cleared and the sidewalks too. The T should be up and running in time for the Monday morning commute and partial service is supposed to be back on line today.

I have gone out for a few walks to get moving and also simply get out of my apartment. It's a nice day out today, the sun is shinning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 12:11 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Driving home last night, the streets were still very narrow. I feel that some areas weren't re-plowed during the daytime on Sunday.

In the morning, I saw a state police office pull over a car because the driver hadn't brushed the snow off of his car. Not just on the roof, but the police officer was making the driver clear the snow off of his windshield.

And... my bf saw a SUV come to a sudden stop at a light and all the snow on his roof slid forward and covered his windshield... and the driver didn't have a scraper or brush to clear it off. He was using a bare hand with a key in an effort to clear the snow off. Instead, he should have been using his arms to push the snow off.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:19 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
It's amazing how lazy...or just plain lacking in common sense, some people are. I was on 128 yesterday heading toward Natick (for Minado's my favorite all you can eat japanese sushi place) and I saw several cars with huge stacks of snow on top careening down the highway. On closer look, these cars were driven by relatively young men who were certainly tall enough, and had enough muscle power to push that stack of snow off their car roofs. But they dont bother, and that stack poses a danger to all cars behind them with a potential and sudden crash of a boulder sized ice block...idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston