Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 07:27 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,354,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Ask these kids how they would feel if they saw their teachers coming to class in pajamas? How about good old Mr Smith the English teacher with his pants half way down exposing his colorful boxer shorts? If they dont want to see Mr Smith's, then why do they think anyone would want to see theirs? These kids do not have any perspective, nor do they understand the consequences of their actions.
Maybe they are just posing as well to do Chinese urban dwellers? What is the consequence of their actions dressing in that manner?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber4 View Post
What is the consequence of their actions dressing in that manner?
Actually correct grammer usage would dictate "" What are the consequences"", not "" what is the consequences "".

The consequences of wearing this "" apparel "" in public is the ridicule and uncontrollable laughter from those that actually have dignity and taste.

Here in the U.S. the poor and uneducated label themselves as such by participating in such a buffoonish and tacky display's of flamboyance.

Last edited by julian17033; 03-07-2013 at 08:14 AM..

Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 AM

9,283 posts, read 14,888,050 times
I think the wearers of underwear and nightwear in public actually think they are fashion forward. It's the lemming phenomenon. If people started jumping off bridges w/o a bungee cord, watch how fast they'd all do it.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 AM

643 posts, read 1,037,342 times
Who cares

- maybe they felt like being comfortable
- maybe it's all they can afford
- maybe they have a fabric sensitivity
- maybe they don't care
- maybe they are depressed
- maybe they saw it on TV and want to be cool too

Worry about yourself and your hand-stitched trousers made by the finest of factory workers that only get one restroom break every 9 hours.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:10 AM

2,202 posts, read 5,354,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
Actually correct grammer usage would dictate "" What are the consequences"", not "" what is the consequences "".

The consequences of wearing this "" apparel "" in public is the ridicule and uncontrollable laughter from those that actually have dignity and taste.

Here in the U.S. the poor and uneducated label themselves as such by participating in such a buffoonish and tacky display's of flamboyance.
LOL

Thanks for the unnecessary grammar lesson slick.

Generally, my copy editor makes those corrections without fanfare.

I will not assume you lack basic comprehension skills but rather you failed to read the entire thread. That is a common mistake among pseudo intellectuals.

PS: If you do choose to continue to correct typos, grammar and punctuation, be sure your posts are publisher perfect. Pot meet Kettle. But this kettle doesn't call people out on such nonsense.

Last edited by Beachcomber4; 03-07-2013 at 09:22 AM..

Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 AM

2,309 posts, read 4,381,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachcomber4 View Post
LOL

Thanks for the unnecessary grammar lesson slick.

Generally, my copy editor makes those corrections without fanfare.

I will not assume you lack basic comprehension skills but rather you failed to read the entire thread. That is a common mistake among pseudo intellectuals.

PS: If you do choose to continue to correct typos, grammar and punctuation, be sure your posts are publisher perfect. Pot meet Kettle. But this kettle doesn't call people out on such nonsense.

This kettle does, and your very welcome for the correction.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 AM

2,707 posts, read 2,836,238 times
We lived in Utah for a few years and we saw young men and women wearing PJ bottoms, at Wal-Mart, K-mart, at the park, and several local stores around where we lived. Sometimes we noticed they even were wearing house shoes. Some with fuzzy puppies, or some other animal. We moved to Tennessee, and when we got here in October, it hadn't gotten real cold yet, and we saw PJ's,on women, mostly, but occassionaly a young man wearing PJ bottoms. Hardly anyone wears the tops, just the bottoms, and to complete the ensemble, the house shoes. I will agree that pajamas are very comfortable, and colorful, but there is a time and a place for everything, and my personal feeling is that pajamas should not be worn in public after the age of 10 months. Everyone has the right to personal expression, but sometimes a little discretion doesn't hurt.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 AM

387 posts, read 915,857 times
Quote:
OK, now you're just taunting the editors among us.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:47 AM

266 posts, read 402,608 times
Quote:
So does this kettle. You're*

Old 03-07-2013, 11:59 AM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times
I've heard that wearing pajama bottoms in public was a common Walmart thing down south.

The last time I saw someone wearing pajama bottoms in public was outside a pizza place in Maynard. Some loser trash girl in her late teens hassling her loser boyfriend. She just kept repeating "just gimme ma money" over and over again. All his homies sat in separate booths inside the restaurant, and this girl and her friends were outside on the sidewalk. I'm so glad that I grew up in Concord...

I'd think that it was too cold to wear pj bottoms outside in the wintertime in New England. Anyway, it looks stupid and it's not a fashion statement. It cries out "look at me, I don't have a job so I sleep all day and can't be bothered to dress myself properly when I leave my home!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston