Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 07:00 AM

63 posts, read 213,302 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm looking to move to Boston by June. So far, I have only seen one apartment in person that is churchpark. I only know the others by passing by, and through the internet such as the avalon or archstone Boston commons.

I am a foreigner (Asian), so I am looking for a safe place with good and short (20 mins or less) connection to BUMC. Proximity to necessities will also be very important as I would not be likely to venture so far so often. I will not have a car as well.

I've heard that backbay and areas around prudential to be safe, with good connection to BUMC. Does anyone have any opinion on the apartments I mentioned above (churchpark, avalon and archstone Boston commons)? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

I am looking for a one-bedroom, with a budget approximately 2500-2600. It can be more or less, but not by much.

Thank you very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 09:07 AM

109 posts, read 329,846 times
I worked at BUMC for 7 years--welcome back to the area! You would be in great shape with any of these options--compare the amenities, but they're often mentioned in the same breath. James Court is also worth a look. Ideally, you would want to be in the South End for the shortest commute (or even to walk to BUMC). What a great time of year to move back to Boston!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:07 AM

63 posts, read 213,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuyWithHeather View Post
I worked at BUMC for 7 years--welcome back to the area! You would be in great shape with any of these options--compare the amenities, but they're often mentioned in the same breath. James Court is also worth a look. Ideally, you would want to be in the South End for the shortest commute (or even to walk to BUMC). What a great time of year to move back to Boston!
Thanks! I've also heard of James court. Unfortunately James court has some rather not so flattering reviews. There are people complaining of being ripped off, noisy and such. Do you have any suggestions I should look at?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM

109 posts, read 329,846 times
I think that the South End is going to be the best fit for you--I think the Back Bay will be a little too far to walk. The area has its good parts and bad parts, and working with a realtor would be your best bet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: