Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 11:44 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times

Advertisements

Did anybody see on the news that guy with the cowboy hat? He rushed on the scene when those yellow vest attendants were fleeing. Maybe he was a off duty paramedic because he was calm as a cow on Thorazine. I lite a candle for you Boston.

On a sidenote: Yesterday 50 ppl were killed in a bomb blast in Irag... not widely televised... We are numb to what's happening outside our borders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 12:01 PM

11,276 posts, read 19,556,099 times
Still thinking of, praying for, crying for,the families and friends whose lives have been changed forever yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Did anybody see on the news that guy with the cowboy hat? He rushed on the scene when those yellow vest attendants were fleeing. Maybe he was a off duty paramedic because he was calm as a cow on Thorazine. I lite a candle for you Boston.

On a sidenote: Yesterday 50 ppl were killed in a bomb blast in Irag... not widely televised... We are numb to what's happening outside our borders.
People can only handle so much pain. What happened in Boston is close to home, it touches people we know and love. What happens elsewhere is devastating too, but there is only so much heartache to go around one heart in any given day.

Still thinking of, praying for, crying for,the families and friends whose lives have been changed forever yesterday.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,246,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmom21 View Post

People can only handle so much pain. What happened in Boston is close to home, it touches people we know and love. What happens elsewhere is devastating too, but there is only so much heartache to go around one heart in any given day.

But, you know, what I'm saying so much violence coming on strong from this and that news outlet we grow numb especially to what's happening outside our borders. Like my uncle told me "kill the vietcong" and when our local drug dealer was brought home from the jungle in a box the whole nation yelled "he was a good boy" My prayers still go out to all the victims in the Boston bombing and also to the victims in Iraque and Mai-Lai massacre in 1968. And to LaToya Jacksons new nose.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:25 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
But, you know, what I'm saying so much violence coming on strong from this and that news outlet we grow numb especially to what's happening outside our borders. Like my uncle told me "kill the vietcong" and when our local drug dealer was brought home from the jungle in a box the whole nation yelled "he was a good boy" My prayers still go out to all the victims in the Boston bombing and also to the victims in Iraque and Mai-Lai massacre in 1968. And to LaToya Jacksons new nose.
Your point is taken whitlock. But this is a condolence and best wishes thread for the boston bombing. You can make your political and philosophical stances known in the P & C forum.

Thank You
Baystater

Old 04-16-2013, 12:36 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,184,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Your point is taken whitlock. But this is a condolence and best wishes thread for the boston bombing. You can make your political and philosophical stances known in the P & C forum.

Thank You
Baystater
Yes, please, don't bring politics into this thread. There's enough of that over in P&C. Thank you.

and thank you, Baystater.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:39 PM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Quote:
This guy.

Boston Marathon 2013 Hero - YouTube

He's a citizen of Costa Rica and in this interview, he's shaking uncontrollably. He's a hero. Here's more about him (the worst of the photo in the article is cropped, but it's still fairly graphic. Just a heads up).

Old 04-16-2013, 01:08 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,471,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
There was a press conference a while ago with the Governor, Mayor, FBI, ATF and other officials and it was clearly reiterated that there were no un-exploded devices found.

While some conspiracy theorists will without a doubt claim that this is some big government cover up, I'm more inclined to draw a less sensationalist conclusion: The two "dismantled" bombs were erroneous reports just as the "bomb" at the JFK library was an erroneous report and the early reports of 12 dead were erroneous. In the chaos that coincides with the rush to be the first source to publicize new information in an event like this, misinformation gets out and rumors swirl.
Although I am definitely a proud conspiracy theorist, but I agree with IrFox presently on this Pear. There were two bombs on the same side of the street one block apart. Bomb sniffing dogs went through twice. What had to have happened was some nut arrived with the bombs sometime after 12pm - probably closer to detonation - dropped on at Lens Crafters and one at Marathon Sports continued walking then set 'em off (or they were timed). Since no terrorists groups have claimed - it looks to me like this could very well be the work of one psychopathic individual. Perhaps right now he is confused about what he did. I'd be willing to bet that if the right person or people got on the media and asked him to turn himself in, he might.

Last edited by xS☺B☺s; 04-16-2013 at 01:34 PM..

Old 04-16-2013, 01:37 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Although I am definitely a proud conspiracy theorist, I agree with IrFox presently Pear. There were two bombs on the same side of the street one block apart. Bomb sniffing dogs went through twice. What had to have happened was some nut arrived with the bombs sometime after 12pm - probably closer to detonation - dropped on at Lens Crafters and one at Marathon Sports continued walking then set 'em off (or they were timed). Since no terrorists groups have claimed - it looks to me like this could very well be the work of one psychopathic individual. Perhaps right now he is confused about what he did. I'd be willing to bet that if the right person or people got on the media and asked him to turn himself in, he might.
I appreciate the information. But please let keep this a strait up well wishes thread. I don't want to leave openings for people to start making political points and have this thread shut down because it start to look like it belongs on the P & C forum.

Thanks Much
Baystater

Old 04-16-2013, 01:40 PM

802 posts, read 1,320,885 times
Boston you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:07 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,011,325 times
Quote:

He is a notable military veteran from Maine who was there to cheer on runners representing the cause of Fallen soldiers. We are very proud of him and all the other spontaneous heroes on the spot.
The man in the hat at Boston Marathon finish line: Carlos Arredondo didn't set out to be hero - U.S. News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston