U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2013, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 2,237 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, I will be moving to Cambridge in the fall to start school.

I am looking for advice on where to live. I am looking for a newer or modern apartment or condo building (stainless steel appliances, marble counter tops, washer / dryer in-unit, garage). Most of the places I've been able to find thus far have been in East Cambridge near Kendall Square, however, since my school is closer to Harvard and Central Square, I am trying to see if any of you might have specific advice on where to look. The only "luxury" buildings I've been able to find thus far are the University Park properties - are there any similar properties in the vicinity?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2013, 03:39 PM

6,300 posts, read 8,921,585 times
The Regatta near the Science Museum seems to be popular with many of my city dweller friends. Most of the contemporary loft style apartments will be in Kendall. There is a very big apartment complex right on top of the Central Square T stop that is relatively contemporary. It has the very creative name of Central Square Apartments. Harvard Square is the land of brownstones and multi-families.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:55 PM

2 posts, read 2,237 times
Thank you. Regatta seems nice but is still relatively far from Harvard and Central square. My ideal location would be walking distance from Harvard square. I will look into Central Square Apartments as well.

Old 04-17-2013, 04:21 PM

4,863 posts, read 12,922,029 times
There's a brand-new building at the corner of Trowbridge St and Mass. Ave, within spitting distance of Harvard Square, that might bear looking into. Since money seems to be no object the rumored rents of $5k-plus a month shouldn't matter. Closer to Central Square but in the direction of Harvard there are three large buildings, two constructed in the late '80s and one around 2005, which would probably fit the bill as well. Although they're condominium complexes the rate of absentee ownership is high and there seem to be moving vans in front of at least one of them every month. Each fronts on Franklin St between Pleasant and Soden. "Right on top of" Central Square there's the Holmes Building and just across from it at the corner of Magazine and Green St's you'll find still another mid-rise of comparatively recent vintage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston