Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 03:33 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
Have you seen 'all' in that poster? No. You just thought it up. The poster says about 'rebels' only.
Right. Your not trolling. Unfortunately most people will make the same mistake you say I have. But assume that all chechens are terrorist. By the way did you notice your picture got edited by the moderators. Wonder why?

After self edit: by the way as of the moment you posted that picture did/do you have any concrete evidence or information from: a credible source that these guys are linked directly to the chechen rebels.

Last edited by baystater; 04-19-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2013, 03:34 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,680,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
I guess I look at it differently, there is a lockdown to protect the citizens. I'm sure there is much we don't know (and may never) but think about it - if they let people free to walk, drive, etc. and all of a sudden there's a new lead, they have to race to a specific area, now they have to worry about dodging drivers and walkers. And that's just one reason. What about the possibility there could be other bombs out there? Other suspects? There are literally thousands of police being called to this manhunt so I think they need to be allowed to do their job for our safety and theirs. If it were me, I'd not have a problem as I'd know I am safer, IMO.
Agreed 100%. They could easily blend in just as any of the other almost 5 million people living in the Boston metro, just as they did on Monday.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:35 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly, there is no reason for this.

I lived in LA during the 92 riots, and while there was a curfew to be off the streets after dark, you were not forced to be in your house during the day. And it only lasted 2 or 3 days.

This is insane.
Also unconstitutional.

Old 04-19-2013, 03:43 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,680,405 times
The father of the brothers just said if the other brother is killed, "all hell will break loose"

Old 04-19-2013, 04:11 PM

3,426 posts, read 8,908,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Also unconstitutional.

You don't HAVE to stay indoors. Its recommended but feel free to go out, no one is stopping you.

MBTA is opening up now.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:23 PM

318 posts, read 566,894 times
Things are opening up and employers are expecting their non 8-5 workers to come to work now in greater numbers. But what has improved since this morning? He is still out there and things are just as crazy as this morning.

Did greed finally take the place over safety?

Old 04-19-2013, 04:27 PM

Location: says MA on my license but can be found wandering the beaches of RI
1,432 posts, read 1,822,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Spock View Post
Things are opening up and employers are expecting their non 8-5 workers to come to work now in greater numbers. But what has improved since this morning? He is still out there and things are just as crazy as this morning.

Did greed finally take the place over safety?
The State Police Col stated in his interview that they are confident they've done everything they could to ensure he is not hiding out in the area, realize they can't continue to keep the community under lock down, and re-focusing their efforts but they are still saying to be cautious.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:43 PM

335 posts, read 670,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
The State Police Col stated in his interview that they are confident they've done everything they could to ensure he is not hiding out in the area, realize they can't continue to keep the community under lock down, and re-focusing their efforts but they are still saying to be cautious.
I think he is gone to another state. Maybe that's why his sister does not want to open the door.

Or he is dead but I think the dogs would have sniffed him out.

Or he has someone holding them as hostage in that town and they did not check that house.

Damm this is like a suspense movie that is dragging out I want an ending ALREADY>

Old 04-19-2013, 04:58 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
There is evidence the older brother developed an interest in Islamic Fundamentalism. neighbors said over the past year he suddenly decided to start sporting Islamic robes and a long beard. Then he curiously shaved it just before the Marathon suggesting a disguise. In fact, one of his friends said when he saw the pics from the race it looked to him like the perp was "wearing a disguise".

Older Perp (who I will disparagingly further refer to as perp26) was having relationship troubles with the girl he got pregnant. In 2009 he was arrested for beating her. I speculate his personal problems led him to an identity crisis, he became bitter, and raged against the world in this way.

A auto shop owner noted perp19 showed up at his shop on Tuesday acting real nervous like he "was on drugs" suddenly with a 2007 mercedes and $900 sneakers. Where does a 19 year old suddenly get the $ for all that?

This could be the motive - our old friend the Almighty Dollar. get some angry at the world loser, tell go blow up the world it's evil anyways, and by the way - I'll give 25K to do it. Hmmm ... ?

Old 04-19-2013, 05:18 PM

651 posts, read 1,562,757 times
is it over?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston