Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2013, 01:35 PM

3 posts, read 2,957 times

Advertisements

Hey all!

Me and a few friends from Ireland are heading to Boston for the summer. June to August. Basically I was wondering if I could grab some quick advice from you folks, since alot of you actually live in Boston.

We're trying to find accommodation, and think we have found a place. The only problem is what we've heard about the location. It's in Roxbury around Regent st, and we've heard that Roxbury is a dangerous part of the city.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Would we be better avoiding the place?
We're just five naive skinny little white boys and we don't want to end up in the bad end of town.

Cheers guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 05:49 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,476,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Moose View Post
Hey all!

Me and a few friends from Ireland are heading to Boston for the summer. June to August. Basically I was wondering if I could grab some quick advice from you folks, since alot of you actually live in Boston.

We're trying to find accommodation, and think we have found a place. The only problem is what we've heard about the location. It's in Roxbury around Regent st, and we've heard that Roxbury is a dangerous part of the city.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Would we be better avoiding the place?
We're just five naive skinny little white boys and we don't want to end up in the bad end of town.

Cheers guys
You would most definitely be out of place there. It is a predominantly black neighborhood that is definitely a higher crime area. On the upside, it's close to public transit and not far from all the best of downtown. If you guys are not prejudice and open to relating to the people of the "hood", you might have quite an experience. You will surely meet some people who will challenge you thinking of you as invaders (pioneers), and walking alone you'd look like a lost sheep in the woods. In fact I'm quite sure over a month you wi have some trouble.

But hell - it might be worth it for the life experience. I've lived in in Inner cities in places where I was the only white guy and in most cases, I was treated extra kind cuz most people regardless of color want to show love not hate. To this day, I feel more comfortable in places that are NOT all white because whenever you pack a bunch of all white people together, they start acting stupid. A little bit of pepper other spice in the mix seems to stabilize the caucazoids and makes the whole flavor taste better.

If that sounds too much for you, look for places in South Boston. That's the most Irish section and you'd be a perfect fit with no issues.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:51 PM

335 posts, read 670,355 times
Unless your Black Irish lol just joking there. I would NOT stay there NOT going to be a happy click my heels summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston