Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 03:19 PM

12 posts, read 24,735 times

Advertisements

Gonna be in Boston for 5 nights. It's a business trip so I'll be busy during the day.

I've been to a few websites including one with the user-voted top 10 tourist attractions but some don't interest me.

I got tickets to a Sox game (last one before a long road trip, lucky me!) and I'll probably walk the freedom trail one night.

So just 3 nights left.

Sometimes the tourist attractions suck and sometimes they're cool. It's nice to get local's opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,644,887 times
All accessible through public transportation, Charlestown Navy Yard, North End and dinner at Durgin Park, Faneuil Hall area. I take it you are not the culture vulture type so I won't even go that direction.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:24 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
Maybe a classic movie at the Brattle Theatre in Harvard Square or a movie at the beloved Coolidge Corner movie theatre. Go across the street to browse at Brookline Booksmith, then a stroll to JP Licks for local ice cream.

Freedom Trail is best in the daytime. Go to the nice Visitor's Center on Boston Common for brochures and advice, near the subway.

Simply stroll Boylston Street in Back Bay and soak in the sidewalk patio scene. Then to the top of the Prudential Tower at sunset, glancing over to Fenway Park. Newbury Street is nice in early evening but busier in the daytime as all the shops are open. Get a Boston Cream Cupcake at Sweet on Newburyport St. It's probably my favorite flavor there. It's a small local chain.

Stroll the Charles River Esplanade before sunset, seeing sailboats and strollers. Lovely. Then walk across the BU Bridge, Longfellow Bridge or Mass. Avenue bridge at sunset.

A stroll in the Public Garden is nice before dark. You'll see the famous swan boats and Make Way for Ducklings bronze statues. Don't call it the Public "GardenS; don't call the Boston Common the "CommonS."

Get ice cream at Coldstone and rest across the street at the fountain at Christian Science Center near the Prudential tower. Then pass by Symphony Hall.

Take the subway to Harvard Square, walk around, then browse Harvard Bookstore.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:22 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,113,588 times
Assuming you're still staying near the Convention Center, I'll keep my list Seaport specific:

-Institute of Contempry Art (ICA)

-Food/drink at The Barking Crab

-Drinks on Legal's roof deck

-New Boston Tea Party Muesem

-Food at Yankee Lobster

-Beer at Harpoons new beer hall

-Possible concert at BofA Pavillion (great place to see a show in the summer, but can also hear the bands from Legal's roof deck nextdoor) Bank Of America Pavilion Boston - BOA Pavilion Tickets Available from Official-Online-Tickets.com

The above will all be within a 10 minute walk from your hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston