Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 12:09 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,598,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
The one person I know from Toronto (who lives in Boston now) HATES Boston and goes back to Toronto every weekend because there is "nothing to do here."
I'm from Toronto and live in Boston and don't understand why someone would say that. The only things that Toronto does better is asian cuisine and dance clubs. Boston does professional sports, drinking bars, and seafood better. I also prefer the low to mid-rise, historical build out of the city versus sterile-looking glass condos back home.

As for the Boston City Hall, I can't stand to look at that thing. It's such an eye soar with so many beautiful gems in the city that I'd wish they'd knock it down and build something more classic. I walk past it every day on my way to work and try to find ways to avoid looking at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 06:40 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,110,067 times
Quote:
The one person I know from Toronto (who lives in Boston now) HATES Boston and goes back to Toronto every weekend because there is "nothing to do here."
Sure he does. That'd be an 8 hour drive each way + customs/border patrol each way. Or a $275+ flight. So either your friend loves driving in a straight line for 16 hours a weekend (and putting 50k miles on their car a year doing it + associated gas + maintenance costs), or has $12k+ a year to blow just on flights to and from Toronto. Seeing as neither is very likely, I doubt your story.

Why do you post here if all you ever post about is not liking Boston anyway?

Old 09-28-2013, 07:06 AM

837 posts, read 1,225,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonguy1960 View Post
I met some people in my cab today from Toronto. They've been visiting for 20 years. They LOVE Boston, and raved about the food and the citizens. Yet, some posts here often complain about the food and the people. Hmmm...
My friends from eastern Canada (NB and Ontario), as well as from across the pond, rave about it too.

Hmmm indeed, although I hasten to add that because the three are so intertwined historically that could also be a reason. London, and to a greater extent, most of England was the only country where I felt truly at home, and it isn't a stretch as to why.

Old 09-28-2013, 05:46 PM

503 posts, read 597,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanc View Post
I'm from Toronto and live in Boston and don't understand why someone would say that. The only things that Toronto does better is asian cuisine and dance clubs. Boston does professional sports, drinking bars, and seafood better. I also prefer the low to mid-rise, historical build out of the city versus sterile-looking glass condos back home.
Also, karaoke is much better in Toronto.

Old 09-29-2013, 04:43 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,598,650 times
Quote:
Also, karaoke is much better in Toronto.
That's probably true as well but who really goes karaoke on a regular basis outside of asians? And this is to be expected given that asians are probably the biggest ethnic group in Toronto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston