Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 03:37 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,851,841 times

Advertisements

i live in the neighborhood. it's fun and unique. there are some big development projects coming to the area soon though it sounds like you won't be around to benefit from those. i would guess it's probably one of the truly diverse sections of the city. washington street looks a little rough around the edges but all the side streets are a lot friendly than they look. forest hills street is particularly tranquil and some beautiful homes along that street. the reverse commute will be a huge plus as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 01:21 PM

16 posts, read 43,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonannon View Post
Vpashkina,

I know it's been a while since this post, but I was curious to know if you did decide to live on Lourdes and how you feel about it if you did. I am looking at a place on Lourdes for my bf and I, it seems like a nice enough little side street in an ok part of town, but I'd like to get an honest opinion from someone who lives there.
Hi! Sorry I didn't see this earlier, I hope this is still helpful! I did live on Lourdes for 6 months. Overall it was good, the area feels a little bit sketchy at night but I walked around by myself lots of times and nothing bad ever happened, and I don't remember reading any crime reports in the immediate area while I lived there. I really liked being so close to Franklin Park, and you're right in that the street is nice and quiet and very green and lovely. Ultimately I moved in September because my sublet was up and I wanted to be closer to Centre street, but it's not like Lourdes is that far away from downtown JP. If you have a car, I don't think I ever had a problem finding a spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston