U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 05:27 PM

1 posts, read 8,105 times

Advertisements

You cant beat the view on the bridge going over the charles on cambridge st. Where the T goes over. The Charles/MGH stop
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:33 PM

4,156 posts, read 5,212,219 times
My favorite view is from the tower in Mt. Auburn Cemetery.
Prospect Hill park in Waltham has some good views.
The neatest view of Boston near me is on Route 1 in Walpole, right by Walmart. It's neat because it's so far out and so unexpected.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:03 PM

9,283 posts, read 17,324,582 times
I like the view from the Arboretum. It's great. It's also a lovely area to hang out.

While driving, very few spots top the view from the Tobin after the tollbooth. It feels like the skyline is one large entity as opposed to the distinct sections it really is (i.e. Financial District, Back Bay, Kendall). It's a great perspective. I also enjoy that first glimpse you get while merging from 128 North or 3 North (south of the city) to 93 North.

The view from the Red Line or car on the Longfellow Bridge is great too. I had a friend who had a dorm at BU in one of the newer buildings on Buick Street (not the NEW tower, but a newer one next to it) that had an excellent view.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:04 PM

2,954 posts, read 11,374,134 times
I went to Brackett School in Arlington and that's my favorite for sentimental reasons, but it is a great view.

CRW_5694.jpg photo - David Kusner photos at pbase.com
BostonNight.jpg photo - David Kusner photos at pbase.com

Others, in addition to the great places named already (sorry for repeats):

-Summit Av (Outlook Park) in Brookline
-Piers Park in Eastie
-Near the new federal courthouse at the Moakley Bridge/Fan Pier
-Dorchester Heights
-BU Bridge
-Memorial Drive across from the Back Bay
-G. Wash statue in the Public Garden
-Looking down Pleasant St in Charlestown from Monument Square, you see a narrow street and the Hancock tower in the background
-3rd base line at Fenway

There are also streets in Belmont with fleeting unexpected views, like Elizabeth Rd. I remember seeing a very far-off view from a small beach in Gloucester, I think.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 PM

4,948 posts, read 17,157,352 times
I did enjoy coming in from Logan and Wow! Also the top of the Pru, and staying at the Boston Harbor Hotel!

Old 09-11-2009, 05:12 AM

639 posts, read 3,314,412 times
Smile View of Boston skyline

Another hidden gem is the Hyatt Harborside Hotel @ Logan Airport. Here they have amazing views of the skyline plus stunning water views to boot. We sat out at their Harborside Lounge/Patio this summer it's GREAT here. They have a harborwalk with a jogging path all around it. Also a really good place to watch Fireworks. When it first opened one year, friends of mine & I were on a mission to see the NYE fireworks in Boston; without thousands of people around us, so we specficially booked (in advance because we weren't alone in this train of thought!) upper room floors and did they overlook Boston's skyline, it was awesome. So remember this place, it's a good one. Even just going there for a drink to check out this patio, it's really pretty nice & SO relaxing. Keep it on your agenda when you have time at Logan, waiting for a flight.

Last edited by CityGirl52; 09-11-2009 at 05:24 AM..

Old 09-12-2009, 02:09 PM

2,312 posts, read 6,888,248 times
Larz Anderson Park in Brookline has a nice view--from the skating rink and the field above it.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 AM

11 posts, read 16,203 times
I have always admired the view from the roof of the parking garage at Whidden Hospital in Everett.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:41 AM

1,125 posts, read 4,220,891 times
1. my roofdeck in the port norfolk neighbordood of dorchester - biased. (next to Venezia restaurant)
2. My best friends roofdeck patio/condo on mass ave and columbus ave. amazing views of the city and sunsets! ugh georgous.
3. Blue Hills Reservation hiking. Also there is an overlook spot to pull over @ Chicatawbut Road i think in Milton thats great for watching the city at night.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:52 AM

1,125 posts, read 4,220,891 times
pic from blue hill reservation

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or