U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2007, 05:41 PM

5 posts, read 13,444 times

Advertisements

I am looking for gift ideas for a close business associate (and his family) who lived in Mass. but have recently moved to the West Coast.

An ideas for a real "taste/flavor" of Boston gift idea that I can have shipped this week?

Thanks in advance! Happy holidays!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 07:01 PM

345 posts, read 1,525,243 times
i always send my sister (who lives in CA) a legal seafood basket (with lobstahs lol) you can "build" it with anything you want them to send. I usually also send along clam chowda !! and steamers...she always loves this kind of gift.. LegalSeafood.com oops can i say that here?? sorry...

Old 12-16-2007, 07:12 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,351,416 times
Lobster! Mmmm, send me some too

Old 12-19-2007, 10:18 PM

2 posts, read 5,003 times
Default Re: Perfect holiday gift from "Boston"

Hi,
In this festive season everyone wants to give unique and cool gifts. Here I’m sharing a great article that will forward you to eco friendly companies, which sell everything from organic clothing, art, jewelry, recycled furniture, appliances, home décor and more. Buying organic and eco friendly it's distinctive, unique and supports life's diversity. I would suggest you all to go organic and support life's sustainability! for more information on a perfect holiday gift follow this link..http://www.organicauthority.com/reviews/reviews/organic-authoritys-holiday-list-of-eco-friendly-gift-companies.html

Last edited by nicholas2000; 12-19-2007 at 10:33 PM..

Old 12-20-2007, 06:15 AM

967 posts, read 4,600,556 times
When we lived on the west coast we always appreciated little gifts of things from home that you couldn't find in California. Someone actually gave my mother-in-law a big container of Brighams hot fudge, which she thought was great because it was one of those little comforting reminders of home.

Another idea: Jim Ayer Puzzles in Marblehead makes beautiful wooded puzzles with scenes of the north shore. Or he can turn one of your own photos, maybe a foliage scene or a picture of the Boston skyline, into a puzzle. They're not inexpensive but are quite pretty and nicely crafted: www.ayerpuzzles.com

For anyone else looking for eco-friendly gifts, here are a few of my favorite sites:
www.doiedesign.com (broken link) - lovely women's clothing made of soft bamboo & silk
www.nubiusorganics.com - cute & inexpensive eco-friendly children's toys & some women's clothing (The only thing I've ordered from there that I don't like was their hemp scarves - they're too rough on the skin.)
www.erinruth.com - pretty gift wrap designs made with recycled paper & soy-based inks

For anyone who's already living here, there's a cute little baby store in Holliston over near Bertucci's that sells adorable baby clothes in organic cotton, plus wooded baby toys made with non-toxic paints. I think it's called Your Baby Naturally. I can't stand going to the mall so am always happy to find little places like that! :-)

Old 12-25-2007, 09:53 AM
miu

17,661 posts, read 38,138,450 times
The perfect holiday gift from Boston would be lobsters. I did bring my mom some bags of Wise potato chips once.

Old 12-25-2007, 03:43 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,964,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
The perfect holiday gift from Boston would be lobsters. I did bring my mom some bags of Wise potato chips once.
I'm always bother by the way people kill lobsters by throwing them in boiling hot water. What a horrible way to die.

The proper humane way to stick a knife in their head. But I still can't eat them. I feel so bad for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMuucyZWSh0

Last edited by GreenMachine; 12-25-2007 at 03:52 PM..

Old 12-26-2007, 06:43 AM

1,810 posts, read 10,158,699 times
GreenMachine.... are you a fruitarian?

fruitarian - someone who believe vegetables have feelings and eat fallen (already dead) fruit only.

Old 12-26-2007, 07:18 AM

2,493 posts, read 3,964,640 times
I'm not a fruitarian (fruits and vegetables are meant to be eaten because that's how the plants spread their seeds), but I do believe in respecting all living creatures. I don't like the idea of throwing a living thing into a boiling pot of water. It bothers me. I can't help it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston