Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 05:28 AM

1 posts, read 2,763 times

Advertisements

Hello! First off I want to say that I'm new to this forum, and that I have lived in Europe my entire life (and have never been to the states) so I’m sorry if I’m expressing myself wrong. But, I have a story/script that I would like to write and Boston feels like the place for the story to take place in. But I would really love to know about how organized crime is in Boston right now. So basically I would like to know as much as possible about the organized crime groups that work in Boston, such as ethnicity, territory etc.

Does some gangs/mafia control certain parts of Boston and if so, what kind of ethnicity, territory and so on does the crime group have?

Is there this big boss (like in the departed) that control a big part of Boston or how does it work?

How would you split up Boston crime territory?

I would really appreciate some serious answers since I’m having trouble finding info on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2014, 05:37 AM

374 posts, read 654,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg_91 View Post
Hello! First off I want to say that I'm new to this forum, and that I have lived in Europe my entire life (and have never been to the states) so I’m sorry if I’m expressing myself wrong. But, I have a story/script that I would like to write and Boston feels like the place for the story to take place in. But I would really love to know about how organized crime is in Boston right now. So basically I would like to know as much as possible about the organized crime groups that work in Boston, such as ethnicity, territory etc.

Does some gangs/mafia control certain parts of Boston and if so, what kind of ethnicity, territory and so on does the crime group have?

Is there this big boss (like in the departed) that control a big part of Boston or how does it work?

How would you split up Boston crime territory?

I would really appreciate some serious answers since I’m having trouble finding info on this.
I heard that Mr. Denzel Washington took care of these matters, recently.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:00 AM

546 posts, read 1,376,550 times
we don't know nuttin

Old 10-19-2014, 08:12 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,276,052 times
if it exists, they are doing a great job of keeping it hidden.

We appreciate the interest but I think that the Boston crime genre is played out. How about a nice rom-com?

Old 10-19-2014, 03:09 PM

503 posts, read 1,204,005 times
Tune into the Howie Carr show and he'll school ya on Boston crime.

Old 10-20-2014, 07:41 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
Snitches Get Stitches

Old 10-20-2014, 01:40 PM

2,364 posts, read 1,851,841 times
they still got gangs in Boston but not quite how they used to be. Gangs now are less organized - it's kind of an every man for himself type deal.

A lot of the local neighborhood sets fall under the larger umbrella of the D I N K, a notorious gang responsible for cultivating hysteric paranoia in the population as well as extorting rent money from local businesses and long time residents

best to watch your back out there on the mean streets of the Bean. You never know where the D I crews might pop up next.

Old 10-21-2014, 01:06 PM

4,848 posts, read 11,808,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Snitches Get Stitches
Only if they're lucky. They usually get dumped in ditches.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:50 PM

1,217 posts, read 2,598,650 times
I don't know much either but I've heard from a friend who's husband works for the Police that organized crime is mostly focused on white collar crime nowadays. Counterfeiting, stealing credit card numbers, online scams, hacking credit card numbers, stolen identity etc. I don't think organized crime is what it once was like portrayed in hollywood, except perhaps in drug trafficking world.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:34 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,420,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathanc View Post
I don't think organized crime is what it once was like portrayed in hollywood, except perhaps in drug trafficking world.
It's not what is was, it's almost worse. Organized crime for the most part went underground. Their going to day jobs and wearing suits and working in offices and city halls. Like crooked politicians already know, THAT is how line your pockets and run the world. Shiny suits and Cadillac's are for the show offs, the real organized crime members are right in front of you and have nothing to prove to anybody.

To the OP, nobody that actually knows anything would ever let that info out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: