Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2008, 05:37 PM

8 posts, read 37,028 times

Advertisements

Hey you guys,

So my husband and I will be visiting Boston from the 19th-26th of this month to check out apts, etc. Last time we came to Boston, we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Revere because it was the cheapest place we could find (although still pretty $$)... anyone know of other options?

Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 04:52 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,300,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCouple View Post
Hey you guys,

So my husband and I will be visiting Boston from the 19th-26th of this month to check out apts, etc. Last time we came to Boston, we stayed at the Comfort Inn in Revere because it was the cheapest place we could find (although still pretty $$)... anyone know of other options?

Thanks a bunch!
I don't generally stay in hotels in Boston but a friend who came through last winter wound up at the Shawmut Inn right by North Station, which was cheaper than the place in Revere and quite convenient if you don't have a car with you. I visited over there and was surprised/impressed by the room for the price. She reported no problems and would go back, and she can be fussy.

If you do have a car, I'd recommend the Motel 6 in Framingham by Exit 12. It's clean (not a sketchy Motel 6 at all), very affordable ($55 a night or something) and because it's right next to the Pike, you could make it to Boston in 25 minutes outside of rush hour, not that much worse than coming in from Revere, which (in my opinion) is close but a pain to drive in from.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:04 PM

8 posts, read 37,028 times
Thanks Holden!

We actually saw the Shawmut Inn online last night and you're right... it's pretty affordable! It's so good to know that you had a friend who was happy with it. We won't be renting a car so Motel 6 is out.

Thanks again!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:06 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
i think braintree has a motel 6 right at the t stop. do a search braintree hotels. the t is the red line.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:42 AM

288 posts, read 1,191,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiekate View Post
i think braintree has a motel 6 right at the t stop. do a search braintree hotels. the t is the red line.
Motel 6 Braintree is the best. (Save a few dollars more by reserving online.) The T is literally across the street. Plus a Borders book store a few blocks in one direction (and Burger King, Dunkin' and supermarket in the other).

Old 02-04-2008, 04:58 PM

61 posts, read 201,827 times
I have stayed at the Shawmut. It was very convenient to getting transportation. North Station is like right around the corner and Haymarket isn't even that far. Some rooms are better than others. My fiancee's parents room was pretty small and had no view at all. My room wasn't too bad. It was a bit small, but I didn't think it was a big deal. There were fridges in the rooms, so that was night. I think if you want to stay cheap, it's worth the stay at this place. You can't beat the options you have to explore Boston from there.

If you don't mind paying a bit more, Hyatt Place in Medford is really nice. My parents stayed there and they had a great room. There was a kitchenette, couch, and large plasma tv. I think they got it for around $110 a night. There was also some breakfast items you could get for free and others you could buy. There is a shuttle that the hotel said would take you up to 5 miles, which should be within range of the Wellington T station. As a perk, Medford has some GREAT options for food.

Another great place I've stayed at was Courtyard Marriott in South Boston. The prices here vary alot, so you gotta check on them for sure. They treated us great, they had cookies, and Jenn the bartender was fantastic. She'll take good care of you, plus she is HILARIOUS. You are also within walking distance of the Andrew T station. It's only about 5 minutes away.

All three of these places are worth checking rates at.

Old 02-10-2008, 03:25 PM

29 posts, read 144,431 times
When I was moving to Boston, I needed a place to stay for a week for around $100 or less. The best option is to rent a short term apartment. You can rent them for cheap and they will have a kitchen and more room than a hotel. They also are in great areas, which is always a plus. Here is the site that I used.

Boston bed and breakfast, Boston lodging, Boston accommodation, furnished apartment (broken link)

It is honestly the best option that I found after spending lots of time looking. I also have to say I was extremely pleased with our accomadations. Are you flying to Boston or driving?

Old 02-11-2008, 06:50 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
Default motel 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrres View Post
Motel 6 Braintree is the best. (Save a few dollars more by reserving online.) The T is literally across the street. Plus a Borders book store a few blocks in one direction (and Burger King, Dunkin' and supermarket in the other).
I had a friend who I told the sheraton is o k- He saw motel 6 and raved about
it-took the t right into downtown, ate in boston and enjoyed the city and saved money. That was how i learned about motel 6.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:40 PM

2,412 posts, read 7,175,408 times
hotwire.com usually has decent 3 or 4 star hotels in downtown Boston for under $200/night. The Copley/Back Bay Theater District/Boston Common areas are good choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston