Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2015, 12:40 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I fit well into all parts of boston. Because as you said, I'm educated. But obviously i feel otherwise. The thing your missing is we minorities put on a face to keep white people at ease. And any successful minority knows the last thong you ever want to do os make white people uncomfortable because they run s**y and you will be worse off for it. Even here online white people are wayyy outnumber black commentators and have no problem asserting themselves. If we were to say how we really felt we'd lose everything because it would make white people uncomfortable. A LOT of black people teach their kids what to and what not to say around "WPs" we even have a white telephone voice so ppl don't know were black...this has nothing to do with Boston. Because black and latino ppl everywhere in America do this.Thats just a side note.
I would agree with that. My gf is a minority and everywhere we go people of all races will sometimes make stupid comments but they don't mean any harm. The thing is in life to have a less of humor. You can't let stupid and ignorant people get you done.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:36 PM

677 posts, read 672,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I would agree with that. My gf is a minority and everywhere we go people of all races will sometimes make stupid comments but they don't mean any harm. The thing is in life to have a less of humor. You can't let stupid and ignorant people get you done.
Just because somebody is joking around, it doesn't mean they're "stupid and ignorant." Like you said, have a sense of humor.
I'm in an interracial relationship, but I "get it."

Old 01-27-2015, 05:33 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,321,722 times
Default re

Some people are oversensitive.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:26 PM

238 posts, read 326,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post

How can Boston NOT KNOW it has a reputation as a racist city? In fact, it can't.

Who is Boston? And until you can quantify this nonsense with something substantive and maybe empirical, nobody cares.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:32 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,321,722 times
Default re

Right and as if an article from 2002 could sum up an entire city

Old 01-29-2015, 11:24 AM

2,501 posts, read 4,434,481 times
15 pages on this thread of white people telling black people to "get over it"and "have a sense of humor."

But every post calling Boston a racist city has the white people jumping to resist the statement. Why aren't you guys just getting over it and having a sense of humor about your city's reputation?

Oh, the hypocrisy and the double standard...

Old 01-29-2015, 12:32 PM

2,722 posts, read 6,110,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
15 pages on this thread of white people telling black people to "get over it"and "have a sense of humor."

But every post calling Boston a racist city has the white people jumping to resist the statement. Why aren't you guys just getting over it and having a sense of humor about your city's reputation?

Oh, the hypocrisy and the double standard...
And you can tell what a posters race is how?

Old 01-29-2015, 03:02 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,746,938 times
Because were not dumb. Cliff. We have common sense. Its overwhelmingly white people who think that way..... "get over it" ( it doesn't matter if we belittle black peoples relevance). Or "have a sense of humor" (you should laugh when people make fun of black people, even if there was no joke told!)...if you were black you'd know EXACTLY what white people sound like when theyre being racist or telling you to get over racism because you'd have heard it your entire life. My guess is one person who hasnt said theyre black is gonna come forward and say something like "Im Asian" Id bet money. A lot of money.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:21 PM

264 posts, read 388,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
And you can tell what a posters race is how?
I'm white and it's pretty obvious even to me that every person who posts in a "get over it, it's not racist" sort of way is talking from the other side. It's easy to say get over it when it doesn't directly affect you.

Old 01-29-2015, 03:30 PM

2,722 posts, read 6,110,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Because were not dumb. Cliff. We have common sense. Its overwhelmingly white people who think that way..... "get over it" ( it doesn't matter if we belittle black peoples relevance). Or "have a sense of humor" (you should laugh when people make fun of black people, even if there was no joke told!)...if you were black you'd know EXACTLY what white people sound like when theyre being racist or telling you to get over racism because you'd have heard it your entire life. My guess is one person who hasnt said theyre black is gonna come forward and say something like "Im Asian" Id bet money. A lot of money.
I know the opinions of us white folk carry no weight, but there have been several minority posters chime in on this thread disputing the claim Boston is a racist city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston