Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 12:49 PM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
What about Big City 101.3? Yes it is mainly a West Indian leaning station, but it still serves the black community.

I have lived in quite a few large cities with large WI communities (NYC, London, Toronto, Miami) and 101.3 is easily one of, if not the best Caribbean station I have personally followed. Any station that carries Irish and Chin, then also has DJ Warlock (HUGE DJ in the soca scene internationally, also Shurwayne Winchester's official touring DJ), Rebel Jay, DJ Assassin and Gary Banton (Big up clarity house crew!) is a legit heavy hitter in the Soca and Dancehall scene.

Also the morning show definitely hits on issues within the black community and has an all black and latino crew from what I know.

BIG CITY 101.3FM - Boston's Champion Station
Again, another illegaln pirate station.

But this thread isnt about radio, what about somenod the other points i adressed highlighyt polite racism via civic and political exclusion? I dont want the thread to go off the OPs topic too much...

Old 01-09-2015, 02:19 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,989,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
By the way, 'polite racism' appears oxymoronic to me and I don't even know what that means.
It means people in Massachusetts are too polite to call you a n***** to your face.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:28 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,158,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
It means people in Massachusetts are too polite to call you a n***** to your face.
And wouldn't it be great if blacks would never use the N word ever again? Non-blacks may be bullied into not saying the N word, but as long as blacks use it, that word will always be in everyone's subconscious. And at present, the N word perfectly describes the trash element of the black community.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And wouldn't it be great if blacks would never use the N word ever again? Non-blacks may be bullied into not saying the N word, but as long as blacks use it, that word will always be in everyone's subconscious. And at present, the N word perfectly describes the trash element of the black community.
Actually, I don't feel like I'm in any position to tell another group what words it's acceptable for them to use among themselves.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:35 PM

4,538 posts, read 6,445,994 times
Real Estate Ads are the best.

I like Walking distance to Temple AKA - Jewish folks only

Near Train to City or like quick commute downtown. White Collar Working Folks only

Perfect Pied a tier - Single business man only

Near Parks, Beach and Playground vacation home with bunk bed. Families only no group shares.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:52 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
And just because a non-black person thinks or uses the N word, doesn't make them a racist... as in hating all blacks. It's more than no one likes a ghetto acting person, no matter what the colour of their skin is. And when a trash person is doing something offensive and they just happen to be black, the N word does come to mind.

Old 01-09-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And just because a non-black person thinks or uses the N word, doesn't make them a racist... as in hating all blacks.
That's not actually what racism is.

Quote:
And when a trash person is doing something offensive and they just happen to be black, the N word does come to mind.
Speak for yourself.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:10 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,320,505 times
I lived in dorchester and on a few occasions when i was walking i had people yell cracker and snow white out the window at me. So it's not all about white people being the racist people here.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
I lived in dorchester and on a few occasions when i was walking i had people yell cracker and snow white out the window at me. So it's not all about white people being the racist people here.
Racism isn't limited to white people. Blacks are some of the most racist people I know.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:40 PM

3,862 posts, read 5,285,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Again, another illegaln pirate station.

But this thread isnt about radio, what about somenod the other points i adressed highlighyt polite racism via civic and political exclusion? I dont want the thread to go off the OPs topic too much...
I have no arguments with that at all. I am black myself and I think that this silent racism is kind of the way it works these days. Boston is no better or worse than any other city. I've live in quite a few places and they all have their ways of putting you in your place, even those that come across as progressive or multicultural.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston