Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 11:45 AM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
I wanna begin by saying Im no proponent of the police. But wrong is DEAD WRONG. This is a sad day. I used to work with some members of the TenPoint Coalition and Youth Violence Taskforce. Wed meet in Dorchester every Wednesday from 9-10. Superintendent Gross( the AA man eve seen in the video) was there. At the time Moynihan was not part of the taskforce, or at least I never saw him. Back then I got to see first hand the cops that truly care and it is there I learned that at the Trotter school on Humboldt. Gang members of H Block hide guns in the playground. THAT IS WHAT THE BOSTON POLICE HAVE TO DEAL WITH. GANGS THAT HIDE GUNS IN SCHOOL PLAYGROUNDS. My prayers go out for John Moynihan and his family. I also hope people stop denying the gang and crime problem in some of our neighborhood on this thread before someone we tAlked to gets shot in the arm like that one poor woman last night. I get we want to promote the city and want to think its one way but Im just saying there's a whole nother Boston people need to be more vigilant of. There the Boston where half of the households in this city make less than 52k with all these inflated prices and are literally scrapping to make a living and alot of it isn't so peachy .The past three weeks in roxbury its been about 10 shootings.One by a crime fighting reverend on a child and another by Gang member on a cop. I love roxbtry and have been playing and hanging out there since I was born but i have family and friends there and according to them and my own quick survey its still dangerous and there are mAjor moves and being made causing gang tension at the moment.

Angelo West aka G-Low. A well known member of H block I lived on streets away On Hummbolt and Townsend with my grandmother for a few summer. Hes also Wood Have Eagles affiliate...Hes from Hyde Park. No doubt rrsponsibl for some of the early 200s crime on Wood Have I mentioned in another thread. Also no doubt involved in the frequent shooting on Humboldt Harrishoff and Harold Street...H BLOCK. People like him are why I've recommended staying away from wood have on one thread and then there was one thread about like Crawford street. There have been multiple shooting on Harold harishoss Humboldt and they all surround Crawford street. Someone truly thought it might be a safe place to live. Incredible what an inflated housing market and the media can trick people into doing. Truly naive to move to this area by choice because unfortunately Angelo West was 41 he did most of his dirt. There's another young guy 21 about to move up.

Get mugshots of these guys, then send in the sharp-shooters and take them out, no questions asked. These are domestic terrorists; they have been terrorizing their neighborhood for too long. At this point, this is the only way, especially when they are shooting police officers right in the face and hiding guns in school playgrounds. Our police needs to just shoot and ask questions later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 12:51 PM

3,268 posts, read 3,320,505 times
Default re

Guys like angelo west are homegrown urban terrorists. For whatever reason his species is protected in this country.

Old 03-30-2015, 05:08 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
In certain neighborhoods there nnees to be a true police take over and constant raids to make a tangible difference. But as someone said the ACLU and civil rights factions have some justifiable points a against it and would be able to diffuse the police action. And unfortunately many people, my own grandmother included, have cone to accept this way of life as the only option. And frankly with a gang as strong as their in the area its the only real choice unless you want to get really ibcolved with thebpokice. Also I think its odd the youth violence task force was called in to respond to shot fired earlier that day. The members of that gang are in their 20s and 30s ...Angelo West was in his 40s. Hardly a "youth" do we not have a standard gang prevention team? Honestly coming 6 cars deep into that area after shot had already been fired...might as well patrolled in armored cars/brought the SWAT team in. Im actually amazed at the courage to even conduct a traffic stop on a suspicious vehicle. When Im in that area i give everyone the right of way because I dint know what they might "have on them" if theyre a gangbanger or just stressed or mentally ill. I want no problems.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:14 AM

Default re

I won't be suprised if cops start shooting people more now. And with what just happened who can blame them?? People say things like oh but what gives cops the authority to do that. It doesn't have anything to go with authority anymore. It's life or death. Cops don't want to die at the hands of these career criminals and why should they. I'm so tired of people defending the criminals also. They are scum. They have made their own life choices and dont care about the law until it catches up with them.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:23 AM

Default re

A Boston Cop Shooting and Our Post-Truth Era - The Daily Beast

The article is great but fails to mention that Moynahan attended norwich university and went on to be a lieutenant in the army. I think that speaks even more to the type of training he's had and who he is.

Last edited by Whatsnext75; 03-30-2015 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: more info

Old 03-30-2015, 08:51 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Only watched the second video, but I'm not sure I've seen a more infuriating 5 minute clip in my entire life. From the absurd "don't you have any other protocol?" comment after learning a cop was shot in the face, to Mr. Tough Guy responding to the Police Chief's request to bring the clip for evidence as a "Bring it" in fighting terms. How delusional are these people?

The fact that they said "we're at war" makes me laugh. I'd be more than happy to drop some of these jackasses in a place like Rocinha or Paraisópolis if they want to see what a war with police looks like. It's depressing how stupid some people are.

Edit: I couldn't resist and watched the first video too. I didn't realize how racist some of these protesters are. The gall of that big dude with the beard to suggest that a black police officer was somehow a traitor for not sticking up for the idiotic protesters or the dead criminal is beyond me. There's also nothing more infuriating than the classic protester move of putting a cell phone in someone's face and yelling "STOP ASSAULTING ME! STOP PUSHING ME! STOP ______". It's really, really just a sad state of affairs.

While there's absolutely no doubt that there is a race problem in the US, especially in regards to black citizens being targeted by police (most often white), it's clear that the mainstream media has twisted and turned this enough to make it ok for the fringe media to then push the idea of this being an all-out war, which is what these boneheads are claiming there is. With any luck, the smart people in the crowd will realize things, while not perfect, aren't as bad as what they're hearing, and the dumb ones will simply form a cult where they all drink poison kool-aid.

Last edited by tmac9wr; 03-30-2015 at 09:05 AM..

Old 03-30-2015, 09:29 AM

'From the absurd "don't you have any other protocol?"

I actually laughed at that. It's really not funny...but seriously the cop is shot in the face and he wants to know what the protocol is. I mean really. I believe that guy talking in the video claims to go harvard law school. I just find that hard to believe. I'm sure HLS would be so proud that he called the police superintendent the N word.

Old 03-30-2015, 09:53 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,727,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
I won't be suprised if cops start shooting people more now. And with what just happened who can blame them?? People say things like oh but what gives cops the authority to do that. It doesn't have anything to go with authority anymore. It's life or death. Cops don't want to die at the hands of these career criminals and why should they. I'm so tired of people defending the criminals also. They are scum. They have made their own life choices and dont care about the law until it catches up with them.
And with that this thread has officially started to get dangerous.

Old 03-30-2015, 10:03 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,452,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsnext75 View Post
'From the absurd "don't you have any other protocol?"

I actually laughed at that. It's really not funny...but seriously the cop is shot in the face and he wants to know what the protocol is. I mean really. I believe that guy talking in the video claims to go harvard law school. I just find that hard to believe. I'm sure HLS would be so proud that he called the police superintendent the N word.
Yea I'm sure that guy's going to Harvard Law...that's where he honed such a strong ability to raise good points like "Sure, my client shot the police officer in the face...but do the police really need to respond with violence?"

The Police chief's reaction of "did you hear what I said?" really explains it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
And with that this thread has officially started to get dangerous.
Well I don't know about the thread, but unfortunately I wouldn't be surprised if what he said about the police being more trigger-happy is true. Unfortunately, in a sane world, this is an open & shut case. However we don't live in a sane world.

I looked at a couple of articles, and saw that the "Black Lives Matter" group had a meeting yesterday to discuss how they'll respond to this. What's there to respond to? A career criminal tried to kill a police officer and was shot down. Supposedly, yesterday's meeting was "blacks only" too, which is strange & troubling if true.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:33 PM

5,788 posts, read 5,102,477 times
Perhaps the police should simply withdraw from these dangerous areas in deference to these "Black Live Matter" folks, and let them run the place themselves. It would saves the lives of police officers and lots of tax money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston