Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 AM

5 posts, read 17,222 times

Advertisements

I am a student from Ireland and my friends and I are thinking about moving to Boston for the summer. A lot of people have recommended Quincy as a place to stay for the summer. However, I must admit that I have no idea what these places are like. I was just wondering what is Quincy like as regards crime and is there a lot of Irish people there? Also is it hard to find work and accomodation???
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 12:40 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,421,445 times
Cool Quincy

First, one thing you will need to know about Quincy - its pronounced QUIN-Z by locals so call it QUIN-Z with a Z not Quincy...

Quincy is a great seaside city with easy access to the south shore - Cape and Islands....and even the north shore (through Boston in non peak rush periods).

Easy access to the city via Red Line subway and local bus service. You have recreation, via Quincy Shore Drive, and Houghs Neck (nut island) and Wompatuck State Park in Hingham (not far away), as well as the Blue Hills. Lots of recreation opportunities. You also have World's End in Hingham and Hull is nearby..with nantasket beach, a great local beach spot in summer or anytime for biking/walking, etc. There is DW Fields park in Brockton as well. The Boston Rox a baseball team play in Brockton as well not far from Quincy.You are right on route 3 which goes down to the Cape and Plymouth, Marshfield, Duxbury Beaches. Cape is about 2 hours +/- traffic and which part of cape cod you stay on.

Quincy shore drive has great views of Boston

There are lots of restaurants and seafood places and services in the towns in Quincy and nearby.

For more about Quincy and area visit these links

Yelp | Real Reviews by Real People
Look up yelp.com and look things up about Quincy via categories.

City Home page - Quincy
City of Quincy Home Page

QUINCY WIKI
Quincy, Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quincy area hotels
Quincy Hotels, Quincy Vacations & Tourism, Quincy Attractions - Yahoo! Travel

oh you also have the historic Quincy Adams Historical park in your backyard

Adams national historic site
John Quincy Adams home
Adams National Historical Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Secret Squantum park
Secret Squantum Park - North Quincy, MA

And there's a beachcomber irish bar in Quincy
The Beachcomber Irish Bar Quincy, MA

Plus many many more in boston and the surrounding towns
do an internet searchor on yelp.com

oh and for commuting into Boston you can also go to Hingham and take the Harbor Express Harbor Boat into Town it takes you right into town and you can get the T from there or walk

Harbor express:
WTA - Boston's premier high-speed catamaran operator

Also whale watches and excursions on the harbor express

City map Quincy
Map of Quincy MA

Old 01-25-2008, 02:39 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,712,606 times
Default irish students

Quote:
Originally Posted by connacht100 View Post
I am a student from Ireland and my friends and I are thinking about moving to Boston for the summer. A lot of people have recommended Quincy as a place to stay for the summer. However, I must admit that I have no idea what these places are like. I was just wondering what is Quincy like as regards crime and is there a lot of Irish people there? Also is it hard to find work and accomodation???
Thanks
cape cod always has alot of irish students who work there,
some places also have real inexpensive housing for the students who work
for them the cape cod times is the local paper. some even get jobs on nantucket, and get cheap housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston