Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2015, 11:58 AM

4 posts, read 5,328 times

Advertisements

Hi

I just moved to an apartment in Stony Brook Commons in Roslindale, MA from Rockville, MD. I will be working in Harvard Med School from July1, 2015. I don't like to drive to Longwood area. Can anyone suggest the best possible public transport to go to Longwood medical area from Stony Brook Commons?
I will really appreciate any suggestios.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2015, 12:05 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,943,649 times
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ston...2d42.33596!3e3

One of three buses to the 39 bus, or to the orange line

Old 06-11-2015, 12:10 PM

I saw that I could take 39/orange line from Forest Hills station. I was wondering how safe is FH station as I will be coming home late everyday, around 7:30-8pm. Any idea how safe FH station would be?

Old 06-11-2015, 01:45 PM

596 posts, read 818,056 times
7:30-8 is not late. If you feel like it's sketchy, you can take the commuter rail. It will cost $100 more for the pass. It leaves Ruggles at 7:20 pm and 8:20 pm. Ruggles might feel more sketchy than FH though.

Old 06-11-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger07 View Post
7:30-8 is not late. If you feel like it's sketchy, you can take the commuter rail. It will cost $100 more for the pass. It leaves Ruggles at 7:20 pm and 8:20 pm. Ruggles might feel more sketchy than FH though.
Thanks!

Old 06-12-2015, 07:23 AM

596 posts, read 818,056 times
The commuter rail will take you to Roslindale Village and you can catch a bus down Washington from there.

Old 06-12-2015, 09:49 AM

288 posts, read 634,612 times
Can someone drop you off either at Faulkner Hospital or the Roslindale Square train stop? There's a free shuttle service between Faulkner's Hospital to the other hospitals in the Longwood area. Google Partners Healthcare Shuttle. There's also another medical facility near Forest Hills and sometimes I see a shuttle there too--not sure if that's public though, but it's worth looking at the local medical facilities to see if there are shuttle services between campuses.

My husband takes the commuter rail in the morning from Roslindale Square, and on a good day, it would take 15 min to get to Ruggles. But it's crowded during rush hour because the towns and neighborhoods along the Needham line have many white collar workers who don't mind paying extra for the commuter rail. Also, the Forest Hills area is undergoing construction so people might be avoiding buses and cars on Washington St. and switching to the commuter rail.

I know your apartment is a little further west, but definitely visit Roslindale Square on a Saturday summer morning. The Farmer's Market is friendly and festive with live music. Also, all the local businesses are worth visiting (e.g. shops that sell Hillel local fresh chicken and fresh caught fish; high quality meats, cheese, wine, and bread but for much more affordable prices; also, there's speciality Italian and Greek stores).

Old 06-26-2015, 06:31 AM

Thanks, sharencare!! I really appreciate your reply. There is bus stop right in front of Stony Brook commons for Route 34/34E which goes to Forest Hill station. My plan was to take that to Forest Hill and then take bus to Longwood area. My main concern was how safe Forest Hill would be during evening/night hours. Any idea?
Also, if I like to take the commuter rail from Roslindale Square, will it be possible for me to drive there, park my car and then take the commuter rail?

Old 07-05-2016, 10:08 PM

1 posts, read 813 times
Hi sanju781,
I am planning to work in Longwood area and live in Stony Brooks Commons. How was your experience so far?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston