Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 AM

9 posts, read 38,990 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I, my husband and 7month kid are in India.My husband got an offer in boston and planning to shift there.please help us...he has got an offer of $60000.will that be fine to survive there with some savings.can you all tell me about the

1.expenses and cost of living
2.taxes on the income and others for the foreign nationals
3.any savings possible.
4.child future

I am a B.E MBA graduate..working in india.if i come there will i get job, oppurtunities as have 2+years exp in financial services.

please help us.....!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2008, 09:20 AM

406 posts, read 1,496,582 times
I can't speak to your questions about taxation on foreign nationals, but if you're an MBA I'm sure you would be able to find employment here. I answered your other post and will reiterate that 60k is not going to give you a comfortable lifestyle here, but if you are working and double it to more like 120k or more, you will likely be Ok.

Boston has a fairly substantial Indian population, so that would be good for you. It's a diverse and educated area in general, so that would probably be good for your child's future. But the trick here is having the resources for a comfortable lifestyle...when you do have the money opportunity here abounds.

Old 02-02-2008, 12:03 PM

9 posts, read 38,990 times
thanks for the suggestion. if the offer is 70 or 80k will we be able to have a good life? i can get only living visa intially,after reaching there only i can get a work VISA. is any possibility to get a job from here itself? any sites? please refer

Old 02-02-2008, 12:19 PM

739 posts, read 2,186,201 times
It's harder to get good jobs here now because a lot of them have been off- shored to India and Pakistan, etc.

If you're in the US and working legally, you will pay Mass. state tax and US Federal taxes on any income you earn here, even if you're a foreign national. you might also pay tax to India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: