Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 08:42 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It does tend to keep the intellectually challenged away. Addition by subtraction.
Hilarious.

The biggest turn off for me in this area is the arrogance. It's all over the place, just beneath the surface (when not overt). I've never been anywhere that's quite as self satisfied and convinced of its own superiority, with the exception of NYC, than Boston.

And I like my life here. I'm just incredibly sick of a certain demographic here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 06:40 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,332,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Hilarious.

The biggest turn off for me in this area is the arrogance. It's all over the place, just beneath the surface (when not overt). I've never been anywhere that's quite as self satisfied and convinced of its own superiority, with the exception of NYC, than Boston.

And I like my life here. I'm just incredibly sick of a certain demographic here.
Don't disagree with your points but think it would be possible to make the case that the self satisfaction and conviction in its own superiority is just as bad (if not worse) in Boston as in NYC.

Old 02-03-2016, 05:38 AM

2 posts, read 2,595 times
Theres no place like home. Boston has it all and the South will never be like Boston. Trust me I know...... As for unfriendly people, I think people in Massachusetts are 1000 times nicer and friendly than people in the south who think its cute to refer to us as Yankees. I have a few choice names that fit them but am too nice to say them. I cannot wait to get out of here and back to Mass. Go Sox!!

Old 02-03-2016, 11:55 AM

10,007 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan2016 View Post
Theres no place like home. Boston has it all and the South will never be like Boston. Trust me I know...... As for unfriendly people, I think people in Massachusetts are 1000 times nicer and friendly than people in the south who think its cute to refer to us as Yankees. I have a few choice names that fit them but am too nice to say them. I cannot wait to get out of here and back to Mass. Go Sox!!
Well what do you expect? You are a Yankee!

My youngest child who's in college in SC, has a t-shirt that says "A Little Bit Yankee - A Little Bit Y'All.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan2016 View Post
People up here talk about the south like they are all horrible inbred red necks. I'm not a southerner, but the commonplace assertion of their simplemindedness and general inferiority that goes virtually unchallenged is part of what I referenced in an earlier post.

Old 02-03-2016, 01:31 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
People up here talk about the south like they are all horrible inbred red necks. I'm not a southerner, but the commonplace assertion of their simplemindedness and general inferiority that goes virtually unchallenged is part of what I referenced in an earlier post.

Having, unfortunately, lived in the South (primarily Kentucky), they are certainly not all horrible bred red necks. Just the majority of them.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Having, unfortunately, lived in the South (primarily Kentucky), they are certainly not all horrible bred red necks. Just the majority of them.
Exhibit A, friends.

Old 02-03-2016, 02:09 PM

1,717 posts, read 1,805,557 times
Quote:

Agreed. Lots of arrogance, know it all types and sweeping generalizations. I try to ignore them here or elsewhere.

Old 02-04-2016, 07:11 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Exhibit A, friends.

I can pretend that it wasn't true, but I see no reason to be disingenuous, or, to be more precise, to lie.

Old 02-04-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I can pretend that it wasn't true, but I see no reason to be disingenuous, or, to be more precise, to lie.
I see no reason to be disingenuous by not being appalled at such arrogance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston