Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2008, 12:46 PM

4 posts, read 13,760 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a 44 year old female, German, currently doing a three year course in woodwind instrument making in the Uk. I would like to do an internship with Powell Flutes in Maynard this summer for 2 to 3 months and would appreciate any help in finding a place to live during that time. Internet connection is a must... Also: I do not drive... is there any way to get around the place apart from driving yourself ... I cannot find anything about buses etc!?
Any help will be very much appreciated!!! :-)

kind regards, Eva (SKYPE: scotswind)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 02:08 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,303,804 times
Maynard is not the easiest place to get to or around without a car. It is a small town and the surrounding areas are very suburban to rural. There is a train station at South Acton that is about 2 miles/4 km to the Powell Flutes building. I don't know of any buses that are there, most of the MBTA buses are closer to Boston.

A number of people on the Massachusetts board live near that area, you might want to post your question there also.

One resource for finding a short-term place to live is craigslist.

boston sublets & temporary classifieds - craigslist
boston rooms & shares classifieds - craigslist

There are not likely to be as many short-term rentals out near Maynard, but there may be something close. Another option is to look near a college. There are many universities near Boston and often students are looking to go somewhere else in the summer and have apartments to rent. Brandeis University in Waltham, for example, is on the same train line as South Acton and the train ride is under 30 minutes. That area is also more affordable than closer to Boston, but much of Walthan is easier to walk around and take the bus than the area near Maynard. Just a thought.

Old 02-22-2008, 03:56 PM

Smile Maynard

Thanks a million! The links you posted have already brought up a room in Maynard ... I will keep looking there! Thanks also for the other info - I really appreciate it! And yes, I wiill post in the MA forum as well ... :-)

kind regards,

Eva

Old 03-10-2008, 07:55 AM

4 posts, read 10,791 times
Default bus from south acton train.

Clock tower Place (where powell flutes is located) has a shuttle bus that runs from the South acton train station. (I'm not sure of the frequency, but it's meant for commuters).

That would give you flexibility on where you live (without needing a car). It would be a long commute (1-1.25 hours, i'd guess) but you could actually live as far as Boston or cambridge, if you were good about having regular hours and sticking to a train schedule.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:16 PM

Thank you very much! :-) I had found the shuttle bus on the internet but was under the impression that this service was stopped some time ago!?

Old 03-15-2008, 01:47 PM

4 posts, read 10,791 times
Default shuttle schedule

As far as I know, the shuttle still runs. (I've never taken it, but I see it every day).

Clock Tower Place - Shuttle Schedule (http://www.clocktowerplace.com/shuttleschedule.htm - broken link)

Old 03-25-2008, 09:13 AM

Well, then it must still be around! Thanks you, that is a valuable piece of information, as this will widen the possibilities for finding accomodation greatly ... Eva

Old 05-03-2008, 08:09 PM

2 posts, read 7,294 times
Have you found a place to live? I might be interested in a summer roommate. I just ended a long term relationship and have a house full of furniture. I may have a roommate in September.

I have a 3BR house with yard, laundry, internet, cable and a dog.....and walking distance to clocktower place.
Get in touch if you are interested.

M.

Old 06-04-2008, 08:15 PM

1 posts, read 3,239 times
Default Need a Room

Hi...

I am a IT Consultant, looking for a room which is near to Clock tower place.

Few info's abt me

Nationality: Indian
Profession: IT consultant
Current location: NJ
Mobile: 201 204 2568
Work Location: 5 clock tower place

Looking for Single Bed room & willing to take up from 8th june.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston