Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,986 times

Advertisements

Looking for hotel with harbor view to watch New Year's Eve fire works. Cannot pay direct waterfront prices. Looked into seaport hotel but they only have rooms with king bed facing the harbor. We will have our two tweets and need two double beds. I thought about a hotel in Charlestown or the airport but would prefer to be downtown to be able to walk back and forth to first night activities. I read on line that someone had late dinner reservations at legal seafoods and just popped outside and watched the fireworks. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2016, 04:32 AM

542 posts, read 1,107,985 times
We just stayed at the Marriott Custom House, great views of the harbor and the city. They even have an observation deck on the 26th floor. Great hotel for families.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:42 AM

3,689 posts, read 7,429,804 times
These hotels should all have a view of the fireworks over the harbor:

Hyatt Regency East Boston
Marriott Long Wharf
Marriott Custom House
Boston Harbor Hotel
Residence Inn Charlestown
The Envoy Hotel
Seaport Hotel
Renaissance Boston

Alternatively, you could stay in pretty much any Boston hotel and just walk to the waterfront to see the fireworks. There are also fireworks over Boston Common at 7:00 PM on December 31.

Old 09-26-2016, 03:04 PM

2,020 posts, read 1,124,293 times
I think you could pretty much stay anywhere downtown to view the fireworks; unless your intent is to view them from an indoor vantage point.

You could try Hotwire or Priceline. Some of their express deals offer hotels with a bed choice.

Also, it's super easy (and free) to take public transport (Silver Line) from the airport to downtown.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:43 AM

2 posts, read 1,986 times
Initially I wanted to view them from a hotel room but have decided that we can go outside if needed. I made late dinner reservations at legal seafood harborside and booked a harbor view room at the Renaissance Hotel. Thanks for your help ..Making momories.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:49 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,191,791 times
I like the arched entrance area to the Boston Harbor Hotel at Rowe's Wharf. Not many people unlike down the way at Long Wharf Marriott. Probably more of a complete water view than if at Long Wharf.

Although, it's fun to have a large crowd to enjoy it with sometimes?

Old 12-31-2016, 12:34 PM

3,689 posts, read 7,429,804 times
Recently heard that the Boston Harbor New Year's Eve fireworks have been canceled due to lack of funding. I hope you had a nice stay in Boston even without the harbor fireworks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: