Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2008, 11:58 AM

136 posts, read 751,586 times

Advertisements

I am going to be attending Emerson College next year on Boylston Street (Right by the Commons). They are having an event for accepted students on Friday April 25th. I am from Jersey so I Would have to stay over on Thursday and Friday night.

Last time I went up there (in Jan.) I stayed at the Radisson on Stuart St. We were happy there. The time before that we stayed at the Doubletree Bayside on Mt. Vernon Street.

Unfortunately, the cost of the hotels downtown are a lot more expensive because of the time of the year. Anyone have any tips/advice to getting a decent rate closer to the college downtown? I'm never sure of Orbitz/Hotels.com. But open to those suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2008, 12:03 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,687,119 times
you might check out the parker house, does the school have any hotels where you
might get a discount for this event, why not ask them. Hotels in Boston are pricey.

Old 02-23-2008, 03:37 PM

278 posts, read 702,911 times
There is a Marriott Courtyard on Tremont St. that is about a five minute walk from Boston Common. The rooms are small, but very nice inside, and the price isn't crazy either. Check it out at marriott.com

Old 02-23-2008, 04:32 PM

136 posts, read 751,586 times
How accessible would it be for me to maybe go from Cambridge or something into the area the next morning?

Old 02-23-2008, 08:51 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
Emerson is right downtown and is accessible by all the green line trolleys (Boylston stop), the red line (Park St), and the orange line (Chinatown). you could even take the blue line to State and either transfer to the orange or walk to Emerson (not really a long walk at all) so you can take advantage of any hotels near Logan if you are flying in.

Cambridge would work fine, just hope on the red to Park St and walk over. however, I'd make sure you were w/in walking distance of the red (or green line around Lechmere) since a lot of Cambridge is only accessible by bus

oh, and congrats on getting into Emerson! had I not had this burning desire to get out of MA and explore the US, I'd probably be there now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston