Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 06:36 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post

That's another HUGE factor for Chelsea, Eastie, and Winthrop; although it has gotten better with all the soundproofing and quieter planes.

I remember in the 90's, when some models of planes took off, it used to vibrate the ground miles away, especially on a foggy or rainy day. Now it's so much better with quieter airplane engines. The airplane noise kinda just fades into the background of all the other ambient noise typical of a city. I barely noticed planes the last few years I lived in the area so I don't think that's what keeps people away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
I would totally eat at Kelly's 7 days a week!! The roast beef places are the best part of the north shore.
I would too, but they are kinda pricey. I used to pick it up for dinner and don't think I can get out of there for any less than $15-20 just for myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 07:12 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I would too, but they are kinda pricey. I used to pick it up for dinner and don't think I can get out of there for any less than $15-20 just for myself
Woah, really? I haven't been in many ages (used to go with my grandmother to Revere beach), but that's just crazy.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:21 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,568,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
U.S. gang that primarily was composed of El Salvadorans. Rather violent gang as far as U.S. gangs go.
i feel like ms operates more like a terrorist organization. unlike being motivated by drugs or money like bloods/kings/... they seem more motivated by fear extortion and ruining our societies way of life.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:17 PM

550 posts, read 680,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
i feel like ms operates more like a terrorist organization. unlike being motivated by drugs or money like bloods/kings/... they seem more motivated by fear extortion and ruining our societies way of life.
in El Salvador they are classified as terrorist. One of the main reasons as to why people flee the country. Back in El Salvador they harass people that might have a restaurant, store, food truck, etc and they demand a monthly rent. You don't pay it they kill you or your family.

Old 02-01-2017, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sal1181 View Post
in El Salvador they are classified as terrorist. One of the main reasons as to why people flee the country. Back in El Salvador they harass people that might have a restaurant, store, food truck, etc and they demand a monthly rent. You don't pay it they kill you or your family.
yup. the state department should look at them more seriously. theres probably more of them in this country than isis.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:10 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Woah, really? I haven't been in many ages (used to go with my grandmother to Revere beach), but that's just crazy.

There's 5 of them now. There's one in the Station's Landing plaza that's probably closer to you. Same menu, just as good. I usually go to the one on Rt1 in Saugus these days

Old 02-02-2017, 06:08 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,420,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysium78 View Post
Hoods can't afford it.
Your right they can't, thank god for the hard working taxpayers to pay their rent for them!

Old 02-02-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger07 View Post
Dorchester is huge. It's not all a "hood," if I am understanding your use of that word accurately.
No, just 3/4 of it. I'll never understand why people go so out of the way to defend Dorchester. Yes, there ARE some really nice areas, but they are by far the minority and the rest of the place speaks for itself.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysmith95 View Post
Charlestown is not the hood and hasn't been for years.
Based on what? A drive over the bridge and around the monument? The townies are still around, drive in deeper.

Quote:
And I've worked as a Uber/Lyft driver on Friday/Saturday nights so I have experience with which neighborhoods are bad.
Oh? You drive for Uber which hasn't existed for long and that's your basis? I worked as a tow driver for almost a decade and a service worker in those areas. Every been shot at doing your job? I have! I've been in more fights, Police calls, and other shady crap than I could ever list here, it's the norm down there. Don't kid yourself.

Quote:
And none of Southie is bad. The part that borders Dorchester, Andrew Square, is gentrifying rapidly. The neighborhood it borders in the Dot, Savin Hill, is probably the nicest Dot neighborhood and has lots of gentrification potential.

Eastie does have gang problems but it is gentrifying rapidly. The part by the water, Jefferies Point, is acutally pretty nice and a hidden gem (a hidden gem that has been rapidly increasing in price)
Here's a reality check, you can only "gentrify" a ghetto craphole neighborhood. "Gentrification" is when white money takes over the hood regardless of the minority. Otherwise it's just people moving in!

Best White guilt term ever.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:16 AM

this mite be helpful:
//www.city-data.com/forum/47063539-post21.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston