Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2021, 10:04 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
You could change "Asian people" to "Russian people" in my previous comment and my point would be the same.

As for not being in a position to do anything, what makes you think the white people on this forum are in any position to make the city more attractive to black people? I'd argue that they aren't. But even if they are, why do you seem to feel that they have some sort of obligation to do that? And why just black people?
making it about yourself. this is your hallmark.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I don't know where that was said...maybe it wasn't.

Where the heck can one get bottomless mimosas? Who wouldn't like that.
I dont think it was-I think it was just you.

NYC, DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia.

I get $15 Bottomless a lot. Usually, it's $20.

But as for black people its like a 'thing' amongst black millennials (women)

Old 11-03-2021, 10:07 AM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
Who exactly is attracted to Boston these days? As far as I can see it's people with high paying jobs regardless of what color they are. In the world we live in today the majority of people with high paying jobs seem to be white or Asian.

I'm guessing maybe people aren't necessarily attracted to Boston itself but they're attracted to the salary/job they were offered.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:11 AM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
You could change "Asian people" to "Russian people" in my previous comment and my point would be the same.

As for not being in a position to do anything, what makes you think the white people on this forum are in any position to make the city more attractive to black people? I'd argue that they aren't. But even if they are, why do you seem to feel that they have some sort of obligation to do that? And why just black people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
making it about yourself. this is your hallmark.

"on this forum" - Yep, that's exactly who you directed your comments at.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Who exactly is attracted to Boston these days? As far as I can see it's people with high paying jobs regardless of what color they are. In the world we live in today the majority of people with high paying jobs seem to be white or Asian.

I'm guessing maybe people aren't necessarily attracted to Boston itself but they're attracted to the salary/job they were offered.
Yea pretty much. But some white folks are attracted by the mythical lure I think, but most who are cant afford it.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Only after my initial comment about a metro of very satisfied white people. Context is key.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:15 AM

2,365 posts, read 1,850,107 times
Quote:

a lot of people are attracted to the city for what it has to offer. The slaries don't always line up with the cost compared to cities like LA/Chicago/Philly/DC/Atlanta/Houston/Dallas

If anything it's a city where the cost oversteps the salaries because people are in love with the character of the city and are willing to make it work with relatively less financial incentives. I would say it's in a similar situation to Miami in that sense. Except the cities are attractive for extremely different reasons.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
a lot of people are attracted to the city for what it has to offer. The slaries don't always line up with the cost compared to cities like LA/Chicago/Philly/DC/Atlanta/Houston/Dallas

If anything it's a city where the cost oversteps the salaries because people are in love with the character of the city and are willing to make it work with relatively less financial incentives. I would say it's in a similar situation to Miami in that sense. Except the cities are attractive for extremely different reasons.
90% agree

the incomes in Boston arent really high enough to line up with the cost like DC where incomes are significantly higher and housing is slightly less expensive. Thats why DC is growing fasster.. But I would put LA Miami Boston and NYC in that same boat.

The difference is LA Miami and NYC are more lifestyle cities than Boston is. While there's a niche attracted to Boston for the lifestyle it provides its much smaller than Miami LA and NYCs appeal. Those are larger more diverse metros with more cultural offering for minorities. Bosotn only supersedes Miami in Asians/Asian offerings. POC move to NYC LA MIA for the lifestyle, they only love to Boston for work and school. Which is what most people of all races do. Boston doesn't really market its lifestyle offerings, generally.

Even for white youth Boston is still competing with NYC. And defeated handily by some cities in the west and south. And DC. and Maybe Philly.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:26 AM

17,672 posts, read 9,155,986 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Only after my initial comment about a metro of very satisfied white people. Context is key.
Yes, context is key, but nothing was taken out of context.

The reality is: you got backed into a corner, and you're now trying to twist this.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Yes, context is key, but nothing was taken out of context.

The reality is: you got backed into a corner, and you're now trying to twist this.
nope. its exactly what I said. No corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston