Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2021, 12:32 PM

15,608 posts, read 7,621,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
For sure they targeted the Jewish linebacker at my school.

Heres on from actually in Boston

Unmasked man sought as racist attacker on the Red Line; police say he threw glass bottle at woman and baby

Race of victim not stated.
Gross. By the looks of him he just moved out of a south end tent.

I mean, this is why I don't want to ride the T whether it's free or not.

Old 11-08-2021, 03:59 PM

4,961 posts, read 2,545,117 times
Quote:
A lot of the male athlete types, yes. Its kind of known. That's my theory. I wonder if it happens in other regions as well. More so the homoerotic play than the racism but I cant say for sure.

The issue is its really homophobic behavior because its used to pressure people into doing things and used as some sort of gag or joke. Nothing funny about being homophobic and racism. If that's your idea of funny youre just racist, unfunny and bored.
Let me clue you in on something. "Homoerotic play" is no more a criminal or violent act than a man raping a woman is a "heteroerotic act." Your conflation of it shows your own ignorance. Also, this isn't generalizable to all or even most suburban white kids. But feel free to carry on demonstrating how homophobic and bigoted you are.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:03 PM

21,428 posts, read 12,405,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Let me clue you in on something. "Homoerotic play" is no more a criminal or violent act than a man raping a woman is a "heteroerotic act." Also, this isn't generalizable to all or even most suburban white kids. But feel free to carry on demonstrating how homophobic and bigoted you are.
I'm neither. Just making an observation on culture.

The word 'homoerotic' is appropriate, but it bothers you. I don;t know why. Is it the homo part? Still violent and inappropriate much like the strawman heteroerotic rape you mention. The homo matters because it can be swept under the rug as boys being boys, when indeed its still an issue. Slapping girls in the face with d*ldos or slapping them in the facewith your member like RP's classmate wouldn't get the same kid-glove treatment.

I imagine for you it would be nice if you could create a narrative where I was as prejudiced and bigoted as you are. It would be comforting I guess..

Old 11-08-2021, 04:11 PM

4,961 posts, read 2,545,117 times
Quote:
I'm neither. Just making an observation on culture.

The word 'homoerotic' is appropriate, but it bothers you. I don;t know why. Is it the homo part? Still violent and inappropriate much like the strawman heteroerotic rape you mention. The homo matters because it can be swept under the rug as boys being boys, when indeed its still an issue. Slapping girls in the face with d*ldos or slapping them in the facewith your member like RP's classmate wouldn't get the same kid-glove treatment.

I imagine for you it would be nice if you could create a narrative where I was as prejudiced and bigoted as you are. It would be comforting I guess..
This is funny coming from someone who regularly says "white people do this" and "white people do that" with no evidence, and then wantonly refers to random people on this forum as racists simply because they disagree with whatever bigoted position you happen to be peddling. Now you're equating a hazing incident (or perhaps worse) to "homoerotica" and saying it's a well known activity among white suburban males. But of course whenever YOU see it you leave because, well, you're not gay. I think that says it all. And no, I get no comfort out of bigots of any race, sex, gender or whatever

Old 11-08-2021, 04:48 PM

2,307 posts, read 1,792,414 times
i feel like crap like n word fridays has gotten bigger with the zoomer generation. Only sports I did was xc and track so obviously a different crowd than some of the other sports. Stuff like this NEVER happened AFAIK. I had friends in most of the sports teams and never heard about stuff like this happening. If people wanted to act like edgelords then they dropped a tab before school or mooned the teacher when their back was turned.

People say the younger generation is less racist because they grew up in a more multicultural society and grew up online where race isn't apparent or relevant.

I can see an argument for that but many of the <20 people I know (mostly from online gaming) get off to screaming N word on microphone crack jokes about gassing Jews or posting pictures of abnormally large genetalia in chat etc. Most of them make tons of gay jokes too(as in jokes about them being gay, "f---ed ur dad last night" as well as the old fashion jokes about others being gay) Do I think they are actually degenerate racists closeted gay ? No, not really most of them. Just immature and seeking attention. But I can definitely see it being more offensive than the stuff we use to get into.

Old 11-08-2021, 05:36 PM

Things like this didn’t happen at my high school in the 90s either. If they didn’t I sure didn’t know about it.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:07 AM

https://www.universalhub.com/2021/lo...ter-bunny-also

“Looks like Roslindale's anti-Asian Easter bunny is also an anti-Semite”

This comes a month or so after somebody went around Roslindale tossing anti-Asian, anti-Wu eggs around the neighborhood.

Old 11-09-2021, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
i feel like crap like n word fridays has gotten bigger with the zoomer generation. Only sports I did was xc and track so obviously a different crowd than some of the other sports. Stuff like this NEVER happened AFAIK. I had friends in most of the sports teams and never heard about stuff like this happening. If people wanted to act like edgelords then they dropped a tab before school or mooned the teacher when their back was turned.

People say the younger generation is less racist because they grew up in a more multicultural society and grew up online where race isn't apparent or relevant.
Kids in towns like Danvers and Georgetown haven’t grown up in typical America. They’ve grown up in abnormally white/homogenous and privileged places most kids don’t live in. So they shouldn’t be taken as representative of “the younger generation”…just one caveat here.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:06 AM

and things like this are still happening:

https://whdh.com/news/man-facing-att...ods-in-boston/

Why? Was the guy who did it just some privileged dude?

Old 11-09-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
and things like this are still happening:

https://whdh.com/news/man-facing-att...ods-in-boston/

Why? Was the guy who did it just some privileged dude?
^This actually has nothing (at all, whatsoever) to do with this thread which is about Boston being famous for racism. Put this in the “rough summer” thread at least.

Anyway, https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/11/...ed-misconduct/

Civil rights leaders, elected officials, and residents decried school and police officials in this North Shore town on Monday for concealing allegations of violent, racist, and homophobic locker room behavior by members of the 2019-2020 boys varsity high school hockey team, whose coach was a prominent Danvers police sergeant.

So the coach was a police sergeant. Why am I not surprised?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston