Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 01:16 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,722,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_heights77 View Post
I guess, Baltimore is questionable?!!! Lol!
I always forget about Baltimore. But no, it is not as intellectual as Boston. Or DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 01:43 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,445,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
I always forget about Baltimore. But no, it is not as intellectual as Boston. Or DC.
Poe quite preferred it there.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:56 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,722,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Poe quite preferred it there.
There are plenty of people who agree with him.

Old 05-08-2017, 03:54 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Turned down a fed gov job out of college. Went through all the interviews and everything. Very vague job details. Starting salary was 50k. Glad I didn't take the bait, even though moving to Boston and starting at 23k was the best I could do otherwise.
Let me get this straight. You turned down a federal job; so now you have a full handle on the responsibilities and demands typical of the federal government, and the performance management structure?

Normally my assumption on one relocating TO Boston for 23K a year, is that they need their head examined (especially after being offered another position at 50k with good benefits). But perhaps this was a foot in the door, IDK. I'm just still puzzled where you get all these assumptions.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:34 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Let me get this straight. You turned down a federal job; so now you have a full handle on the responsibilities and demands typical of the federal government, and the performance management structure?

Normally my assumption on one relocating TO Boston for 23K a year, is that they need their head examined (especially after being offered another position at 50k with good benefits). But perhaps this was a foot in the door, IDK. I'm just still puzzled where you get all these assumptions.
The vague job details doesn't make much sense either since fed jobs almost all have very formal position descriptions.

Old 05-08-2017, 04:45 PM

Quote:

Ok? Really dumb post. Interesting you included the bit about good benefits, since I didn't mention benefits at all. But everyone knows how ludicrously over compensated fed gov employees are. So you're right. Not worth your soul though.

Last edited by bjimmy24; 05-08-2017 at 04:54 PM..

Old 05-08-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
The vague job details doesn't make much sense either since fed jobs almost all have very formal position descriptions.
This was some kind of" training" in intelligence. Very vague. Not to mention shady. Went through all the interviews, background checks, polygraph, letter of offer, still had no firm idea of what day to day was.

If you don't believe me, that's your call.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Ok? Really dumb post.

And I can see that you don't have any concept that someone might turn down a job for ethical reasons. Clearly foreign to you. You asked a question, I answered. I'm not a greedy person always looking for personal gain, unlike most federal employees.
What were you being asked to do, dig up tomb stones or something? You said it was vague. Did you do any research on the agency and job title? Did you not interview, or get a chance to ask questions during that process?

But you really didn't answer my question. You never did explain where you obtained your derogatory information on federal employment/employees, especially after now admitting to never being employed there yourself.

Did a federal employee run over your dog when you were a kid or something, you clearly have an axe to grind.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Yeah I thought that strange as well, unless this was some sort of position dealing with classified or SUPER sensitive material.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
What were you being asked to do, dig up tomb stones or something? You said it was vague. Did you do any research on the agency and job title? Did you not interview, or get a chance to ask questions during that process?

But you really didn't answer my question. You never did explain where you obtained your derogatory information on federal employment/employees, especially after now admitting to never being employed there yourself.

Did a federal employee run over your dog when you were a kid or something, you clearly have an axe to grind.
From my experience dealing with the people at this intelligence agency (one of the "big three").

My background is in Russian and eastern European affairs and languages. Draw your own conclusions. I don't really care what you think. You have no idea what you're talking about.

This is my last post on this topic. Keep boot licking if you want. I will return to the op's pretentious question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston