Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 08:37 AM

186 posts, read 124,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoliz View Post
Back to the point, generally, the job market is good in Boston. I'd suggest trying to get a job first. If you're only 4 hours away, you should be able to get here for interviews, etc -- that is, it's close enough that you should be able to do a job search from where you are. If you have friends or family here who would let you stay here for a week or two while you do a lot of interviews or networking activities, that would be great. If you don't maybe come to town and find an air b&b for a few days or a week at a time to get a mix of time here and time at home while you search for a job.
Yeah I was thinking of getting air bnb or staying with some friends in the area and do my search that way. It's hard to get something lined up prior to moving so I'll probably take care of it when I get there. Do you have any suggestions in terms of head hunters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 08:38 AM

3,149 posts, read 2,076,827 times
The OP makes it sound like jobs are hitting people in the face. College degree and sales experience is not much to go by. usually people would write these types of posts and specify what their profession is. There is indeed a good job market here. But there is also a lot of competition due largely to the fact that people like OP heard the streets are lined with gold here,

Old 08-16-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
The OP makes it sound like jobs are hitting people in the face. College degree and sales experience is not much to go by. usually people would write these types of posts and specify what their profession is. There is indeed a good job market here. But there is also a lot of competition due largely to the fact that people like OP heard the streets are lined with gold here,
1. I never said jobs are hitting people in the face
2. I'm only asking for suggestions
3. I never said the streets are lined with gold I am merely fishing around
4. Sounds like you're having a bad morning. Try taking a crap and release your bowels.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:49 AM

Seriously though I haven't used this site in awhile but for some reason everyone on here is a complete Debbie downer and most people offer nothing but negative advice. If you don't have anything positive to say keep your mouth shut otherwise jump off a cliff.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:51 AM

encased in all that snark, there is truth. There are more jobs here then Manchester NH. There are also a lot more people with "college degrees" fighting for them. And as mentioned by you: It's not cheap to live here. With the info given "college degree and sales experience" I would think there are 700 people with more credentials fighting for a job here.
Good luck buddy.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
encased in all that snark, there is truth. There are more jobs here then Manchester NH. There are also a lot more people with "college degrees" fighting for them. And as mentioned by you: It's not cheap to live here. With the info given "college degree and sales experience" I would think there are 700 people with more credentials fighting for a job here.
Good luck buddy.
Haha thanks buddy but I'm sure I'll do just fine. Somehow I've managed over the past 10 years to find a better job each time so I think I'll manage this time around.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:57 AM

11,046 posts, read 12,339,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcuraMan View Post
Haha thanks buddy but I'm sure I'll do just fine. Somehow I've managed over the past 10 years to find a better job each time so I think I'll manage this time around.
So why post anything?

Old 08-16-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
So why post anything?
I was posting to see if anyone had any suggestions in terms of a head hunter but I can do my own research I guess because no one here is being helpful.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I was posting to see if anyone had any suggestions in terms of a head hunter but I can do my own research I guess because no one here is being helpful.
Including you

Old 08-16-2017, 10:44 AM

11,046 posts, read 12,339,011 times
Quote:
Yeah probably should have just done your own research right away. This forum is more for things that you can't find out in a google search.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston