Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 01:56 AM

2,941 posts, read 5,183,965 times

Advertisements

Frank's is likely a good choice...my relatives love that place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 04:53 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,805,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
At the moment, I'm leaning towards Frank's Steak House; thanks for the recommendation. I called Outback to try to find out how crowded they get on Saturday evening/night; and could not get a real person to talk to, which is a huge negative in my view. I have a reservation for Frank's but might still change my mind. Do you know if it is difficult to find parking?
Plenty of parking in the vicinity. You shouldn't have a problem getting a spot on the same side as Frank's, but I usually just park on the other side which has fewer businesses. Bring quarters for the meter.

Funny seeing this place get brought up, it was well before my time but my family used to run the kitchen.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:51 AM

15,793 posts, read 20,478,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Their steaks good? I always thought of it as more of a BBQ place.

Yeah, I guess they are more of a BBQ place vs steak.

Their ribs are awesome, although I will say, for a chain, Texas Road House ribs are pretty damn good. Even their steak isn't bad...and I'm a big steak person.

I just wish the chains would actually cook a medium rare or rare steak properly for once.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:43 PM

2,080 posts, read 1,604,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
Plenty of parking in the vicinity. You shouldn't have a problem getting a spot on the same side as Frank's, but I usually just park on the other side which has fewer businesses. Bring quarters for the meter.

Funny seeing this place get brought up, it was well before my time but my family used to run the kitchen.

I'm looking forward to going. Your family used to run the kitchen - wow. Have you been there in recent years? I'm wondering if any particular dishes are better than others, or should I just pick my favorite cut of steak? (I love a good steak)....

Old 10-28-2017, 03:42 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,805,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina14 View Post
I'm looking forward to going. Your family used to run the kitchen - wow. Have you been there in recent years? I'm wondering if any particular dishes are better than others, or should I just pick my favorite cut of steak? (I love a good steak)....
I've been once or twice in the past couple years, once to just sit at the bar and talk to the owner. They have remodeled in the past 5 years and I wanted to see what it looked like.

Their "sizzler" came from my family's era but I have never ordered it. I'd get the prime rib or a bone in ribeye, but just get whatever you'd normally order. They seem to have started doing the steakhouse a la cart sides thing after the remodel, but maybe you can check back in and tell us.

Old 10-29-2017, 12:48 AM

2,080 posts, read 1,604,185 times
Thank you, everyone who commented. My friend and I went to Frank's Steakhouse.

We split the Potato Skin Boats appetizer - it was sinfully good.

We both had garden salads; I loved the blue cheese dressing.

The bread was served hot, a nice touch.

I had the Sizzler, medium well, and it was just perfect (handcut boneless NY strip Sirloin)! I love a charbroiled/grilled taste, and this was delivered really hot in an iron skillet. Heavenly!

My dessert was an ice cream sundae with hot fudge (love it) and whipped cream (don't mind it but don't care much about it); quite good.

My friend had the London Broil; and, unfortunately, they did not cook the green beans right - first they brought undercooked ones on her plate; and then, after she sent them back, they sent over-cooked somewhat burned green beans. But she said the London Broil steak was quite good.

The restaurant was becoming crowded by 6:45 pm; so it's a good thing I'd made a reservation two days before...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston