Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 07:42 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,115,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Yet for many ma$$holes who love bragging about culture it usually boils down to “Sox woooo! Celts wooooo! Pats wooooo! Bud liiiiiight!” and not much else.
You sound like a very uncultured person
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 08:05 AM

11,052 posts, read 12,434,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Yet for many ma$$holes who love bragging about culture it usually boils down to “Sox woooo! Celts wooooo! Pats wooooo! Bud liiiiiight!” and not much else.
I don't know if it's typical, but my neighbors are definitely like this. I obviously don't talk to them, but they post their snapchats to the public map so sometimes I still see what they're up to.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:22 AM

2,190 posts, read 2,231,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Not sure I would go that far. Manchester is not so quaint compared to the other two, but it's a larger city than both. Larger airport. More employers in the area. Bigger and better shows/acts. And closer to Boston if you need big city stuff. I'm not a fan of Manchester though, but saying that the strength of NH, ME and VT aren't in its cities.
Portland jetport has passed MHT in number of passengers recently.

Old 05-22-2018, 08:51 AM

23,571 posts, read 18,678,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
This is nonsense. Every state in the Union has students voting in their collegiate residence, but only NH, because of Trump's whining about losing the state, makes an issue of it. Trump's fraudulent election commission was disbanded and Kobach, the leader, had ( and has had )charges brought against him. Trump just can't handle losing NH, and the national vote as well , by almost 3 million votes.
NH is not making an issue over it, they are just asking for residency to be established. Does any part of that not make sense, or sound unreasonable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
LePage is just a ridiculous, bizarre politician, an embarrassment to the state of Maine, who actively tries to make the lives of poor Mainers even worse. Angus King is one of the best things coming out of Maine right now, and Susan Collins has had some good moments , esp when her votes allowed Mainers to have health care choices ( unlike LePage).
That is the LePage out of staters reliant on a slanted left wing media for their info have come to know. Those who live in Maine, know a different LePage. One who has cut taxes, reformed the state's troubled pension system, solved the hospital debt problem, improved education, improved job training and the business climate, reduced energy costs, helped farmers, reformed welfare. His accomplishments are endless, and one of the reasons he is so resented by many members of the General Assembly.

Last edited by massnative71; 05-22-2018 at 09:00 AM..

Old 05-22-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No it isn't. There has been research, research, and more research and voter fraud is by all accounts statistically non-existent.

Voter suppression, on the other hand, is widespread.
So there is no voter fraud, but voter suppression is widespread. How are votes suppressed? I guess it's now persecution asking people to put some cloths on, pause the Xbox and get their fat lazy joint smoking arse out to the polls that doesn't have a "safe space" to go hide from all of society and everything that offends them. Not only that, but voter ID laws are "racist".

Old 05-22-2018, 01:04 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,940,305 times
Quote:
So there is no voter fraud, but voter suppression is widespread. How are votes suppressed? I guess it's now persecution asking people to put some cloths on, pause the Xbox and get their fat lazy joint smoking arse out to the polls that doesn't have a "safe space" to go hide from all of society and everything that offends them. Not only that, but voter ID laws are "racist".

A simple lexus nexus search will provide you with a wealth of information (in peer reviewed articles) on systemic voter suppression (as well as research into trying to find voter fraud), if you care to educate yourself. I've led you to the water before, but you seem incapable of drinking.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:16 PM

19,610 posts, read 12,212,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I don't know if it's typical, but my neighbors are definitely like this. I obviously don't talk to them, but they post their snapchats to the public map so sometimes I still see what they're up to.
You can't talk to neighbors who are sports fans in a big sports town/city?

Old 05-22-2018, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
A simple lexus nexus search will provide you with a wealth of information (in peer reviewed articles) on systemic voter suppression (as well as research into trying to find voter fraud), if you care to educate yourself. I've led you to the water before, but you seem incapable of drinking.
Voter fraud I have seen first hand (working as a poll watcher). A google search of voter suppression, turns up several pages of people whining about Voter ID laws (which is supported by most minorities as well in some of those states).

Old 05-22-2018, 01:43 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,720,406 times
Quote:
Voter fraud I have seen first hand (working as a poll watcher). A google search of voter suppression, turns up several pages of people whining about Voter ID laws (which is supported by most minorities as well in some of those states).
What, exactly, did you see happen? I've been a poll watcher and never seen any such thing. Sometimes people have shown up at the wrong location to vote, but I've never seen or heard about any true voter fraud. You must have been very lucky to see one of the handful of incidents that has ever occurred across the entire country.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:17 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,910,863 times
Quote:
NH is not making an issue over it, they are just asking for residency to be established. Does any part of that not make sense, or sound unreasonable?

That is the LePage out of staters reliant on a slanted left wing media for their info have come to know. Those who live in Maine, know a different LePage. One who has cut taxes, reformed the state's troubled pension system, solved the hospital debt problem, improved education, improved job training and the business climate, reduced energy costs, helped farmers, reformed welfare. His accomplishments are endless, and one of the reasons he is so resented by many members of the General Assembly.
LePage is also fighting an increase in Medicaid enrollment, even though the state residents have already voted in favor of it, and Lepage has no right to stand in the way. Trying to deny health care coverage to your own residents is not a beneficial thing, but maybe it is in your stilted world view. He'll be gone soon, and maybe Maine will recover from the carnage.

"Slanted left-wing coverage"....every post from you grows progressively more silly. Stay in your Faux/Sinclair "news" world, where the anchors repeat the same story, verbatim, as if reading from a script ( and they actually were, not long ago).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston