Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 03:31 PM

2,440 posts, read 4,833,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbear30 View Post
Thank you to everyone for replying! Any good food recommendations? Also do you know what the weather will be like? Only so much weather websites can tell me.
Early Sept weather is ordinarily just late summer weather -- very pleasant, leaves still green. Also hurricane season so no guarantees. There's plenty of food around. If it were me I'd prefer artery clogging food from one of the traditional local takeouts in scenic locations, like Kelly's on Revere Beach or Sullivan's at Castle island, rather than dropping $100+ at some fancy place... To each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 08:06 AM

5,015 posts, read 3,909,909 times
Quote:
Thank you to everyone for replying! Any good food recommendations? Also do you know what the weather will be like? Only so much weather websites can tell me.
What kind of food do you like? High end boujee? Crab shack?

For the former, I'd recommend the South End. High end eateries- patisseries, raw bars, asian fusion, Neapolitan pizza, live jazz brunch. Really nice neighborhoods to walk around near Tremont St. The latter, do Fanueil Hall for lunch. Long meeting hall full of counter top after counter top. Always street performers, a lot of buzz and foot traffic. Somewhere in between, the Back Bay is always safe. I'd assume you'd spend some time walking/shopping around Newbury and Boylston. Tons of spots to check out. Abe and Louie's and Atlantic Fish get my vote in the Back Bay if you want to treat yourself.

Most importantly, make sure to do the North End for dinner. Just walk around Hanover st./Salem St. and pick which restaraunt feels right. The majority are still family owned and operated, and everything they serve typically comes from in the restaurant or a local bakery. Over 100 restaurants in a ~6 block area, and it might just offer my favorite Italian food in the States.

Old 06-26-2018, 08:44 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,567,370 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/bosto...p-country.html

Old 06-28-2018, 07:51 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,798,306 times
Quote:
The weather will be warm. I'd expect daytime highs in the 70s. It's not uncommon to have temps hit over 80 in September. The weather doesn't start getting chilly until the very end of October.

Depending on what you're into, Boston has a couple of good art museums, the MFA and Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum. Into history, then I would suggest walking the Freedom Trail, the Boston Tea Party Museum and the JFK Presidential Library. If you have a car, maybe take a trip out to Lexington and Concord. I am going to guess there are tour companies that take people from Boston for a day, or half day. Salem is another good option and is a fun day. Other things might be going on a whale watch, a harbor cruise, a tour of Fenway Park, or even buy tickets to a Sox game. If you like beer there are a number of breweries right in the city, Trillium, Harpoon, Sam Adams and Downeast, plus several more in neighboring towns like Night Shift, Aeronaut and Mystic. There are also some brewery tours which are fun, one company I went with drove us around in a van and we visited 5 different breweries and also had lunch. Walk along the Esplanade and through the public gardens.

If you like seafood, I would recommend Atlantic Fish, Island Creek Oyster Bar, Row 34 or Neptune Oyster for the more expensive side. Yankee Lobster or James Hook if you want a little cheaper and casual.

It's a little out of the way (you'd need to take an Uber or cab), but Rino's Place in East Boston is amazing. It was feature on the Food Network several years ago and as a result its popularity has risen a lot. But the food is amazing and prices are very reasonable. If you expect a wait.

Over the last decade Boston has really upped its game as far as becoming more of a food city. Lots of great restaurants of all cuisine types throughout the city.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:01 AM

1,393 posts, read 858,971 times
Lots of good suggestions. Definitely back bay Newbury st, public garden and common, beacon hill, Faneuil Hall and north end. May also want to check out walking paths along the Charles river and trek over mass ave bridge into Cambridge. There is a lot of good food in Cambridge as well. Although not a traditional Boston neighborhood the seaport district is rapidly growing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston