Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 10:12 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,249,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
Can't say Christmas bro... get with it
Lol. Exactly.

Next on the chopping block: "Holidays".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2018, 10:17 AM

11,056 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Lol. Exactly.

Next on the chopping block: "Holidays".
The word "holiday" literally means "holy day." By using the word "holiday" we are tacitly implying that "holy" things exist, thus lending legitimacy to religion in general, but in our context specifically the colonial/patriarchal/ultra right-wing cult of Christianity. It must stop.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:24 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
Around 7% of Dorchester is Haitian.
o.k., fair enough, thanks; but, that sounds low ?

Old 11-28-2018, 10:24 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Wishing it would Snow is now racist...

who knew.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:37 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,574,786 times
Quote:
But, your assumptions should hold more weight than other people's ?
Assumptions are just that. When people start losing their jobs and get blasted and outed on social media because of them, thats when we have a problem.
you assume this means that someone wants genocide in Dorchester.
like timberline upthread said: even if their intentions were pure, it is still culturally unaware of them to not consider that some mite find it offensive.
Quote:
I assume some careless 65 year old woman was using creative license to lazily rewrite the lyrics to an old X-mas song.
that is racism; they are not including other nationalities into their old-boy network which is supposedly shared among the diverse residents of dorchester.
Quote:
Maybe you are the racist.
typical caucasian-guilt response. a few people point out something offensive and they are blamed for being too p.c. sensitive (i dont even see race. you are the true racist because youre offended... blah, blah, blah).

the r-word is like the n-word for caucasions.

Last edited by stanley-88888888; 11-28-2018 at 10:47 AM..

Old 11-28-2018, 10:46 AM

6,808 posts, read 6,045,258 times
Quote:
But, your assumptions should hold more weight than other people's ?
I’m not assuming anything! What else could “I’m dreaming of a white Dorchester” mean? And how could you possibly make it sound more like a white supremacist wrote it?

I guess “I’m dreaming of a white, non-Jewish Dorchester” would be a bit more on the nose, but I don’t think the original is particularly subtle either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Wishing it would Snow is now racist...

who knew.
Where in the card does it mention “wishing it would snow”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
o.k., fair enough, thanks; but, that sounds low ?
Also sounds a little low to me, but I don’t have the time to look it up rn.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:46 AM

11,056 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheVVALRUS View Post
I’m not assuming anything! What else could “I’m dreaming of a white Dorchester” mean? And how could you possibly make it sound more like a white supremacist wrote it?

I guess “I’m dreaming of a white, non-Jewish Dorchester” would be a bit more on the nose, but I don’t think the original is particularly subtle either.
hmm Jewish... on the nose... this post is racist.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:47 AM

2,440 posts, read 4,838,334 times
Quote:
like timberline upthread said: even if their intentions were pure, it is still culturally unaware of them to not consider that some mite find it offensive.
that is racism; they are not including other nationalities into their old-boy network which is supposedly shared among the diverse residents of dorchester.

typical caucasian-guilt response. a few people point out something offensive and they are blamed for being too p.c. sensitive (i dont even see race. youre the true racist because youre offended... blah, blah, blah).

Without reading through the whole thread of responses to miu's dog-whistle original post, I salute Stanley's spot-on answers here.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:50 AM

3,219 posts, read 2,121,919 times
Quote:

typical caucasian-guilt response. a few people point out something offensive and they are blamed for being too p.c. sensitive (i dont even see race. youre the true racist because youre offended... blah, blah, blah).

Listen man. I hear you. but if you go through life getting offended at some old lady wishing it snows on Christmas.........
maybe not as many people hate you as you think.
it's going to come to a point where maybe straight whites should never refer to, call out, identify, or even speak of anyone that is sensitive to it.
What a damn world you built.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:51 AM

3,219 posts, read 2,121,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missionhill View Post
Without reading through the whole thread of responses to miu's dog-whistle original post, I salute Stanley's spot-on answers here.
Why would you read through the whole post. You got the convenient info you need with the tiny bit of info you chose to look at. great job. You guys are doing great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston