Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 08:23 AM

35 posts, read 20,645 times

Advertisements

Well, that's surprising considering Boston is a ****hole. Expensive (well maybe not as expensive as San Francisco, I hate San Francisco too), rude people, crazy drivers, racism, cold, hell, nothing is good about Boston except it is the city in the state where basketball originated (I don't hate the Celtics, but I see Boston as a crazy city). Overrated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 08:40 AM

21,628 posts, read 12,718,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaquon.raww View Post
Well, that's surprising considering Boston is a ****hole. Expensive (well maybe not as expensive as San Francisco, I hate San Francisco too), rude people, crazy drivers, racism, cold, hell, nothing is good about Boston except it is the city in the state where basketball originated (I don't hate the Celtics, but I see Boston as a crazy city). Overrated.
definitely not a ****hole.

Definitely would take Boston over Baton Rouge which is hot, poor, racist, uneducated, boring, no public transit and largely irrelevant to the world at large.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
True, me too. I own one and use it daily, it's easier than a bike as it's far, far more convenient to store/transport. I'm also not drip sweating walking in the office. The state needs to finish changing the rules, but it's not as if Boston couldn't do anything now. They already don't enforce the technical illegality of them. Brookline has even launched a pilot with Bird/Lime and I think another and generally it's been successful (companies are scrambling to add more scooters to meet demand), but many of the issues with them (particularly where people are leaving the rentals, and people riding on the sidewalks) would be solved by better infrastructure.
MA is in no rush until the right people get paid. Couldn't stand that about that state. Everything is a process-especially when it doesn't have to be. Its so sickeningly corrupt. I think that was the number one push factor-corruption/cronyism even more so than costs.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:48 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
MA is in no rush until the right people get paid. Couldn't stand that about that state. Everything is a process-especially when it doesn't have to be. Its so sickeningly corrupt. I think that was the number one push factor-corruption/cronyism even more so than costs.
you mean like this :
https://www.wbur.org/news/2019/08/07...lty-conspiracy

i have no doubt this is what is taking the cannabis shops so long in Boston. Marty needs his cash.

Old 08-13-2019, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
you mean like this :
https://www.wbur.org/news/2019/08/07...lty-conspiracy

i have no doubt this is what is taking the cannabis shops so long in Boston. Marty needs his cash.
Yea like that and like so many other things that make one blip in the media and then disappear from record.

Like so many of our contract bids on MBTA infrastructure projects (leaky government center after less than a year),
UMass Bostons entire campus,
the state police scandal,
the undercount of low-income kids in public schools (https://www.wbur.org/edify/2019/08/01/low-income-count)
the DCF scandal,
the Annie Dookhan drug lab scandal,
the 1% of city contract going to minority vendors,
the late fiscal budgets,
Walsh trying to hire Carlos Henriquez for a city job,
the ousting of artist Steve Locke, t
the marijuana thing,

- i mean and this is just off the top of my young head...

Its the fact that people think its okay or funny because MA is expensive and educated and their home values go up. So they dont ask for change. Then they want to slap Boston Strong and One Boston on a starkly racially and class segregated self-serving metro area, its gross.

Old 08-13-2019, 11:47 AM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Still in shock its 2019 and MA still has a happy hour ban... The "Fun" aspect will definitely shy some people away from Boston.

Old 08-13-2019, 11:55 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,805,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
Still in shock its 2019 and MA still has a happy hour ban... The "Fun" aspect will definitely shy some people away from Boston.
And a hard limit on how many of each supermarket chain can sell alcohol.
And a 2AM closing time.
And you can't buy a 6 pack of beer at the gas station.
And lawmakers who are trying to eliminate beer gardens/pop-up alcohol sales.
And a multi-tiered sales model that makes alcohol distributors too powerful.
And the recent pay to play scandal with beer distributors.

That is just what I can think of off the top of my head. None of those would cause the sky to fall if they were changed. Still, those things don't seem to stop people either. But why are we stuck with some ancient mentality? MA absolutely fails at adaptation.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:25 PM

12,157 posts, read 7,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
And a 2AM closing time.

That is just what I can think of off the top of my head. None of those would cause the sky to fall if they were changed. Still, those things don't seem to stop people either. But why are we stuck with some ancient mentality? MA absolutely fails at adaptation.
You cant buy a six pack from a gas station?

.. and I never got why they are trying to limit beer gardens? Its the one thing Boston kinda does right in the summer. The restaurants that are struggling suck and are overpriced?? I really dont get Boston sometimes.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:06 PM

11,052 posts, read 12,432,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgang239 View Post
And a 2AM closing time.

You also can't drink outside at a restaurant unless you also order food.

Old 08-13-2019, 05:52 PM

3,207 posts, read 2,114,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
You cant buy a six pack from a gas station?

.. and I never got why they are trying to limit beer gardens? Its the one thing Boston kinda does right in the summer. The restaurants that are struggling suck and are overpriced?? I really dont get Boston sometimes.
It's mostly because the restaurants and bars that had to pay $600K for some artificial liquor licenses are upset that these guys can now play by different rules.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston