Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 02:28 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

Well it looks like more common sense gun laws and bans are in store for the state.

Our elected couldn't possibly blame the violent shooters that don't give a crap about murdering someone or hurting innocent bystanders.

The judges need to stop giving slaps on the wrist and stern talks to these criminals and start locking them up for years not just days if at all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2020, 10:32 PM

2,947 posts, read 5,188,951 times
Oh, well I heard about some of these incidents, but I have WBZ radio on often. Can't imagine the local news tv stations didn't mention some of it as it unfolded each day.

I heard/saw yesterday a report about a dozen shootings, then I read elsewhere "only" nine or so.

But Commissioner Gross was in the media today criticizing the violence.

I hadn't heard about the shooting and then a stabbing at Carson Beach until this thread; the radio even mentioned the Back Bay stabbing. But if one just listens very briefly to WBZ radio or not at top of the hour, it may not be mentioned constantly. And it seems some or most nowadays don't follow news like many here, so they likely feel safe.

At least no reported highway shootings like so often in Chicago, or apparently no carjackings, also seemingly more common in other cities.

Old 09-09-2020, 04:35 AM

1,747 posts, read 879,049 times
Just read this on: https://nypost.com/2020/09/08/boston...working-story/

"A Boston TV reporter was stabbed with a pair of scissors while working on a story over the weekend, according to news reports. Ted Wayman of WCVB-TV was working near Copely Square on Sunday night when he was attacked.
He was rushed to a local hospital, but is “going to be fine,” a spokesman for the station told the Boston Globe."

Old 09-09-2020, 04:57 AM

5,037 posts, read 6,923,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BosYuppie View Post
Surprised the globe wouldn’t cover this. Bleeds/leads plus the inequity aspect. Perhaps you should reach out on Twitter.

Maybe they’re waiting til the end of the long weekend.
That definitely seems more like a Herald narrative.

Old 09-09-2020, 08:46 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,360 times
There was also a reporter stabbed in Boston over the weekend.

It is disturbing. There are things to be angry about right now with the coronavirus really impacting how we live and many are angry over police shootings and protesting against police, etc. I’m just not sure how being violent against other people will solve anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston