Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2020, 07:35 PM

9 posts, read 7,763 times

Advertisements

So - the building my bf lives in has a constant stream of false fire alarms - He's lived there a few years and there's a few levels - meaning his particular unit was getting alarms near constantly - multiple in a week ear splitting alarms which were groundless.
Most recently, he switched units and there's been less. Sometimes the alarms are his unit, sometimes his floor and sometimes the entire building, everyone has to evacuate and wait for the fire department to clear entry. For context there was one last week around five a.m. and this week at 3 a.m. and then 4 a.m.! (somehow they tend to go off one and then another).
Property management has started sending out emails to explain (a step up), this week the alarm was blamed on a sprinkler losing pressure, last week it was a contractor who did incorrect work. I started wondering who pays the bill? The town sends out fire trucks and there are certainly a lot of resources being used. The building certainly has some sort of problem. It is a consistent problem and groundless. I'm wondering who pays for all of this? Is the system really set up that the taxpayer pays for all these responses? I'm actually worried there could be a real fire there someday and the department could just dismiss it because they know how many false alarms there have been. What is going on here? Any information would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston