Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2021, 07:19 PM

21,626 posts, read 12,710,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
Because she has deep ties to the recovery and substance abuse community in the city, and because she's been working on these issues as Chair of the Committee on Homelessness, Mental Health, and Recovery.
Is there proof of these “deep ties”? and in not talking about the now defunct committee. Which she had headed for just a few years.

Marty had those deep ties-verifiably- yet every year it got worse down there. Doesn't inspire in me much faith even if it is true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2021, 07:28 PM

5,091 posts, read 2,651,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
By your logic neither the DA nor the Mayor have anhthing to do with crime being down, got it....But the mayor IS responsible for a crisis that's nationwide and a decade in the making? Okay, bud. Because under Marty Methdadone Mile was really on the upgroup... Kim Janey should have it all cleaned up by now...

You told me to talk to the Sherrifs Office-thiught the sherrif dealt with crime. But ibsee now you're talking about physical location. Anyway, I guess it's too hard to figure that it's the summer and were still in quasi-pandemic land so maybe Mass and Cass is an issue AT Mass and Cass...maybe it's worse than in March because its warmer out. Your point is weak. because the baseline was abysmal its still abysmal 4 months later as any reasonable person would except it to be.

Who are these officials? And where can I read up on it?
Never said any of this. The crime issue is a different conversation that you're using to divert attention from Mass/Cass. Never said Janey is responsible for the crisis, however as the Mayor she has the responsibility to address it, especially since she is asking to be Mayor. Um, please point to where I told you to "talk to the Sheriff's Office? You can't because I didn't say it. The Sheriff, a black Democrat, sits ON the Task Force. When I hear him and others on the Task Force saying that they are getting no direction or cooperation from the Mayor's Office, I tend to place credibility on that. As for you reading up on it, read the article that was posted previously. Do you need to be led by the hand? It's clear you don't care about this major issue, as you indicated, so why do you want to read up about it now? In case you need some background on what the Sheriff's Office does, he runs the jails, which are responsible for providing treatment services to addicts among other things. His facility is also on ground zero in the Mass/Cass zone. He sits ON the Mass/Cass Task Force. What's the crime rate have to do with this, and what did Janey and Rollins do specifically that lowered crime?

Old 08-16-2021, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Is there proof of these “deep ties”? and in not talking about the now defunct committee. Which she had headed for just a few years.

Marty had those deep ties-verifiably- yet every year it got worse down there. Doesn't inspire in me much faith even if it is true.
The proof will be found getting out there in the community and learning about it, attending city council meetings, and reading articles about what she proposes and is talking about. But, as you said a couple times, you have no interest in the topic and it shows.

https://northendregionalreview.com/2...yor-of-boston/

Old 08-18-2021, 01:42 PM

Popular TV program invites mayoral candidates to appear on show — except John Barros
His campaign says that’s not fair to voters.

Hes also been left out of a Debate tonight. Only women were invited...

Iliana Panameño, a cofounder of We, Ceremony, said in an e-mail that an invitation “was not extended to John Barros because of our purpose to center the stories of women of color.”

Historically, no other group has been more marginalized than women of color, and our focus on Wednesday night is to create a space where our voices are elevated and heard,” Panameño said in a response to a Globe question.

Now even if that's true does anyone believe for a second Asian WOmen and a white-presenting woman ar more marginalized than a Black Cape Verdean man..from Boston??

We have no black men on city council for 4 years and only one in the race-how on earth are our voices being "elevated and heard" The city council is half women of color...Black men fall at the bottom of every metric there is in Boston but I guess that is not important to address.

Boston has the type of liberalism that relies on Black women being WOMEN first, black second. If you're a black man-well SOL.....

Doesn't hurt if you have a white male spouse too (Campbell and Wu) not that that is wrong or bad at all just-it helps make you more 'palatable'.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:42 PM

This is the result of fighting to be the biggest victim based on identity. The effects are just as discriminatory as what they claim to be against.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:44 AM

3,207 posts, read 2,113,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostongymjunkie View Post
This is the result of fighting to be the biggest victim based on identity. The effects are just as discriminatory as what they claim to be against.
It's tiring to hear this stuff constantly. The sad thing is most of the new crop buy it. and if you don't... cue up the nazi comments.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
It's tiring to hear this stuff constantly. The sad thing is most of the new crop buy it. and if you don't... cue up the nazi comments.
I agree. Sad state of affairs and the worst part is that it helps nobody.

Old 08-19-2021, 08:47 AM

6,804 posts, read 6,025,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeePee View Post
It's tiring to hear this stuff constantly.
When I first read this, I thought you were tired of gymjunkie’s whining.

I agree that Barros being left out is a huge mistake, but with the primaries coming up in under a month, I’d there really time left for him to become a front-runner?

Old 08-19-2021, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
When I first read this, I thought you were tired of gymjunkie’s whining.

I agree that Barros being left out is a huge mistake, but with the primaries coming up in under a month, I’d there really time left for him to become a front-runner?
the issue really is

1. we haven't had a poll in two months and polling isn't even super reliable.

2. he has the most individual donors in Boston of all candidates.

More people pay to support him in Boston than anyone who actually was invited to these two events...

Worse they're trying to out-struggle a Black 2nd generation man who grew up in the absolute peak of Boston's violent crime and inner-city blight in what was its worst or second worse neighborhood. It teeters on ridiculous.

Old 08-19-2021, 04:51 PM

337 posts, read 268,078 times
Quote:
Annissa probably shouldn't be running for mayor and John has no traction.
I appreciate you sharing all this information about Kim Janey! I find myself really liking her and I value your perspective. Curious, what makes you say this about Essaibi-George?

edit: Is it related to the allegations of corruption or something else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston