Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2021, 08:19 PM

16,399 posts, read 8,198,277 times

Advertisements

Good night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2021, 12:22 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Except it will take several years and seven figures worth of lawyer fees to get the permits and a whole army of union goons at $150+/hour each to pour the said concrete, and needless to say every last one of them and their backups will be on the clock every last second until that concrete dries and cures. And it will be very, very slow-drying concrete - at least a year from start to finish.

Oh, and you'll need another army of union goons to do everything else, because projects that don't hire an army of union goons tend to catch on fire and burn to the ground.
You sound like one who has enjoyed the learning experience. Don't forget the banks who won't lend to you because you're building a "white elephant."

However, it might surprise you to learn that "real estate" and "private property" are mutually exclusive. One is held with qualified ownership and subject to taxation and regulation.
The other is held absolutely by an individual and is constitutionally protected - in all states and the federal government.

Isn't it odd that we're told we can only buy and sell real estate?
I digress.

If you check your own state constitution and statutes, you will find no law taxing, regulating or otherwise trespassing upon PRIVATE PROPERTY.

So if you do intend to be an owner-builder, make sure you are legally protected. (Only trespassers of PRIVATE PROPERTY can be shot without legal repercussions. Shooting a trespasser on REAL ESTATE will get you into a heap of trouble.)

P.S. Make sure you use the fire retardant form of cement / concrete in your domicile. Six inches thick should be sufficient to stop small arms fire and Cat 5 hurricanes.

Re: Lawyers. For added relish, ask them to explain why they file a TITLE DEED with the words, "For $1 (or $5 or $10) in hand and other valuable consideration, the seller transfers to the buyer...." when everyone knows that the selling price was in the thousands - as shown by the mortgage lien. Why are they putting a deliberate falsehood into the public record?

Old 02-20-2021, 08:17 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
It was a fantastic casting and a really solid movie that leaves you feeling really bad for the kid.

I’m just marveled by the casting process.
Definitely on my bucket list.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:08 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,064,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Definitely on my bucket list.
Don't forget Roots - excellent documentary, all real people filmed on location in real time, no actors.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:44 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Don't forget Roots - excellent documentary, all real people filmed on location in real time, no actors.
Are you talking about the remake? Yeah I remember when that came out. Never watched it, looked interesting though.

Old 02-21-2021, 12:27 PM

16,399 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Again no one is talking about you. Please stop talking about yourself. This isn’t about you.

You didn’t answer my question. Is it realistic to think people have forgiven and forgotten. Every incident like that in Springfield just reinforces what black folks already think (know)...
I'm sorry to hear your family members were bullied. Do you think they are the only people that's happened to? People are bullied everyday for being different. My neighbor told me his daughter was bullied and harassed for being beautiful because people in high school were jealous. I do think bullying is a serious issue. No one should be bullied or harassed for anything.

Old 02-24-2021, 05:00 AM

560 posts, read 751,772 times
Quote:
Well, if Black Folx are able to so easily forgive themselves for slaughtering tens of thousands of Black Lives every year I figured they might be able to forgive those white kkkops for killing ten or so. And if they're able to forgive themselves for millennia of slavery maybe they can forgive them crackas for a couple centuries, especially given the fact it wasn't crackas selling Black Folx into slavery in the first place.
Are you a real person? It just seems like you do nothing here but try and troll people and not so subtlety let let your less than charitable feelings be known.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizim View Post
Are you a real person? It just seems like you do nothing here but try and troll people and not so subtlety let let your less than charitable feelings be known.
Just trying to understand the absolutely insane level of double standards - white cop shoots black criminal actively shooting at him - kkkill the pig, spill its blood, burn it down, blm, every single blm, railcar tanker of kkkop blood for every ounce of Black Blood! Tens of thousands of Black Lives gunned down every year by other Black Lives - crickets and stop whitesplaining you cracka! Care to enlighten me, oh wise one?

Also, entire neighborhood gets emptied of its poor white trash renters - ololol, trololol, send them to New Hampshire, build a wall! Owner tries to redevelop his section 8 dump occupied by Renters of Color (who, chances are, hate your yakub-created cracka ass solely for its color a lot more than the long-gone southie white trash hated theirs) into condos now that the neighborhood is improving - ohmygod, how dare he, travesty, atrocity, bring the guillotine, send in Mao!

Old 02-24-2021, 07:17 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,139,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizim View Post
The better question is why far less toxic comments are frequently removed, but BFD can continue his white grievance performance art ... someone give him an honorary BFA. I’m not opposed to most of the critique as he hits on some core political tensions, but the schtick doesn’t leave a whole lot of room for engagement ... not that he seems interested in that.

Old 02-24-2021, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewsburried View Post
The better question is why far less toxic comments are frequently removed, but BFD can continue his white grievance performance art ... someone give him an honorary BFA. I’m not opposed to some of the critique, but the schtick doesn’t leave a whole lot of room for engagement.
Candy Farrakhan and a whole lot of other "leaders" say things that are a whole lot more toxic, only with black and white flipped, yet there you are crawling on all fours trying to lick the soles of their shoes. So either get on the floor and lick my shoes, or stop licking theirs!

If you prefer the former option do you have any shoe preference? Will Crockett & Jones or Tricker's suffice or do you only lick local and will only settle for Alden? Or is that too stuffy and you prefer something more blue collar like Red Wing? Also, any sole preference? Leather, Vibram, Dainite?

Last edited by bigfatdude; 02-24-2021 at 08:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston