Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2021, 08:45 PM

2,279 posts, read 1,341,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Have you not studied the Cuban revolution? Castro went around seizing white people’s assets; their homes, their businesses, jailing those who fought back or those who were openly against him politically, etc. It was exclusively the white population he targeted. Afro-Cubans who were his base were completely left alone. The white population on the island went from 70% to 25%.
Castro didn't persecute white Cubans because of their race. He persecuted rich(er) people, and political opponents that were mostly white. But the persecution wasn't motivated by their race...not that a political or religious persecution is better than a racial persecution...it's just not the same thing.

It's true that black Cubans benefited much more than white Cubans from the revolution on average, but this is just because black Cubans were extremely poor so affordable housing, healthcare etc benefited the poor most.
(BTW this is kind of exactly why I think that targeting poverty rather than racial inequality would be faster way to achieve racial equality in the US, but I digress. And no, I am not asking for a communist revolution LOL).

Black Cubans were his base? You mean like Che Guevara and William Morgan? Just check some photos from the time. The vast majority of people are white, with some mestizo. Both among the elite and among the base.

Cuba is still over 60% white today.

Old 02-28-2021, 09:18 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,063,706 times
Targeting poverty directly via education and shutting down the multi-billion dollar poverty pimping industry? My naive friend, you must be new here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
Castro didn't persecute white Cubans because of their race. He persecuted rich(er) people, and political opponents that were mostly white. But the persecution wasn't motivated by their race...not that a political or religious persecution is better than a racial persecution...it's just not the same thing.

It's true that black Cubans benefited much more than white Cubans from the revolution on average, but this is just because black Cubans were extremely poor so affordable housing, healthcare etc benefited the poor most.
(BTW this is kind of exactly why I think that targeting poverty rather than racial inequality would be faster way to achieve racial equality in the US, but I digress. And no, I am not asking for a communist revolution LOL).

Black Cubans were his base? You mean like Che Guevara and William Morgan? Just check some photos from the time. The vast majority of people are white, with some mestizo. Both among the elite and among the base.

Cuba is still over 60% white today.

Last edited by bigfatdude; 02-28-2021 at 09:39 PM..

Old 02-28-2021, 09:20 PM

6,807 posts, read 6,038,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I think maybe he meant to use an ellipsis.
If so;;;he failed miserably!

Old 02-28-2021, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Shudra View Post
If so;;;he failed miserably!
Give it a few years and graduates of the new and improved intersectionally equalized, cross-sectionally fair, social justice gestapo-compliant BLM BPS won't know how to write at all, let alone know when to use an ellipsis. Exams are already racist, grades are next, homework can't be too far behind and so is classwork. Can't have any future urban voters capable of independent thinking and critical analysis who might check a wrong ballot box and send all those sweet taxpayer dollars flowing past the poverty pimp grifter pockets!

Old 02-28-2021, 11:49 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdude View Post
Give it a few years and graduates of the new and improved intersectionally equalized, cross-sectionally fair, social justice gestapo-compliant BLM BPS won't know how to write at all, let alone know when to use an ellipsis. Exams are already racist, grades are next, homework can't be too far behind and so is classwork. Can't have any future urban voters capable of independent thinking and critical analysis who might check a wrong ballot box and send all those sweet taxpayer dollars flowing past the poverty pimp grifter pockets!
Yep. Everything is racist so everything must be canceled to make everyone equal.

Anywho, These Asian parents with genius kids aren’t going to leave their children in a school that teaches too slow. They’re going to remove their children and place them in private schools or advanced learning pods or worst comes to worst teach the kids themselves. Their child’s education is everything to these parents they will mortgage their house, burn through their retirement, to get their kids a proper education. The public schools can’t hold these kids hostage they have options. Once these types of kids leave these schools are going to look really really bad on paper. The schools need these types of kids to mentor the slower learning kids who want to learn.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:00 AM

6,807 posts, read 6,038,878 times
Quote:
Yep. Everything is racist so everything must be canceled to make everyone equal.
Ya know, if you’re against “cancel culture” (and I that gather you are), you should really try harder to make it sound less cool when you describe it!

Old 03-01-2021, 06:44 AM

16,351 posts, read 8,174,665 times
Default Re

Quote:
Ya know, if you’re against “cancel culture” (and I that gather you are), you should really try harder to make it sound less cool when you describe it!
So you are ok with cancel culture ? You think that's going to help people succeed?

Personally I hope it backfires.

Old 03-01-2021, 07:10 AM

But that's the funny thing, those asian kids are not genius and an average asian kid isn't any smarter than an average black kid. The only difference is, unlike with black kids there isn't a whole multi-billion dollar poverty pimping industry dependent upon asian kids being uneducated, poor and easy to manipulate. Send the poverty pimp "leaders" packing, get rid of the current "role models" glorifying hatred, division and thug life, lock up the gangbangers who are nothing more than the modern day slave drivers serving the race pimps keeping the population under control through fear and violence and black poverty as we know it will be gone in a few years.

Quote:

Anywho, These Asian parents with genius kids aren’t going to leave their children in a school that teaches too slow. They’re going to remove their children and place them in private schools or advanced learning pods or worst comes to worst teach the kids themselves. Their child’s education is everything to these parents they will mortgage their house, burn through their retirement, to get their kids a proper education. The public schools can’t hold these kids hostage they have options. Once these types of kids leave these schools are going to look really really bad on paper. The schools need these types of kids to mentor the slower learning kids who want to learn.

Last edited by bigfatdude; 03-01-2021 at 07:26 AM..

Old 03-01-2021, 08:41 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,138,038 times
My impression reading deeper on the recent BPS moves is that, while some actions are questionable (e.g., suspending AP classes), the larger goal seems to be leveling up the testing metrics so that all students ... BPS or charters/privates ... have an equal opportunity of landing into magnate like Boston Latin.

As it stands now, there is quite the industry around ISEE, SSAT, ACT, etc. testing and test prep. This current structure inherently benefits the wealthy and disadvantages the students who are economically 'trapped' in the MCAS world. Currently the BPS staff inherently trains for MCAS as they are judged on these outcomes, where as private schools are inherently focused tests like ISEE, ACT, etc. (and inflating grades) as their business is magnet/college prep.

Switching to GPA + MCAS has it's potential issues, but it does level opportunities some while maintaining some degree of standards. If one reviews MCAS data, it's quite clear that there are working class students performing as well as top tier peers; however, in terms of 'college readiness' they lag come graduation because their district and/or parents neither have the funds or awareness to shuttle them through the AP, ACT, ISEE, etc. programs. For example, in the lower grades you'll see schools in Melrose, mid-tier 'burbs (e.g., Marshfield), or even Worcester testing better than the lauded Newton or Acton-Box schools. By 10th, those same districts lag significantly.

Old 03-01-2021, 08:57 AM

5,957 posts, read 2,875,868 times
Quote:
Maybe if they’d left you in, you’d know how to use a comma.
I don't look at the key board when I type ..easier this way..
Looks like my point has been made.
When no counterpoint can be made , fault the typing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston